NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  11/22/17 05:15 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: Standing Offer - [39 Replies | 119868 Views]
Eagle1
Administrator

Posts 58
Registered 5/16/02
Missouri
Viburnum, MO

Soccer Role:
Key Master

posted on 9/3/05 at 09:43 AM
Standing Offer

If any one that does not like the moderation on this forum want to have an alternative site to moderate as they see fit please let me know. I'll be happy to set up a domain for you complete with software and full admin rights. You will have to buy the domain name, I can get it for you at $10 per year (my cost) and will include enough space and bandwidth to get you started at no charge. I will also help you find your way around and provide support at no cost until you are familiar with the operation.

Here is your chance to run a site with your rules.

Another option is starting another site, that is NON Soccer discussion but to do that I need a couple of volunteers to administer/moderate an open discussion forum. You set the topics, forums, etc. I'll buy a domain name and host the site, if there are any folks willing to run the show. Personally I do not have and interest in that type of forum but I'm willing to provide the outlet and let you set the rules.

Miracles Happen !!!

View User's Profile Email Eagle1 Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Eagle1
LDSM
Astute Observer

Posts 75
Registered 5/20/02
Lithuania
Queen of Haw River

Soccer Role:
Registrar and mom of player-coach

posted on 9/3/05 at 05:04 PM
Eagle-
Who cares who does/doesn't like how this forum is moderated. It's yours and we appreciate it. Ignore the whining (mine included.)

View User's Profile Email LDSM Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U LDSM   LDSM 's Aim
Incite
Master

Posts 1273
Registered 10/12/04
The South, USA

Soccer Role:
A lovely and reasoned voice

posted on 9/3/05 at 05:14 PM
Its like starting new soccer clubs. I guess that I would compare the debate about the 'fairness' or 'openness' of a soccer discussion forum to the philosophy of soccer clubs. If you think that everyone is in agreement with how a club is run, or if you think everyone is happy when a new club is started (new clubs=more opportunity=growth for soccer , then read many threads on this site, especially from Charlotte's Web or the Bermuda Triangle.

You will see that opinions vary. But your offer is very generous. Believe me, everyone here (members and guests alike) appreciate what you are doing. Especially the part about letting everyone complain about what you are doing.

As you know (I think), imagine that you are the parent of teenagers

baller

Posts 1
Registered 5/16/04

Soccer Role:

posted on 9/3/05 at 10:00 PM
I just would like to say that I appreciate what you do with this site. I know it must take a lot of time but with the thousands of members, some are bound to whine about insignificant details (no one is forced to log on to this site). I am a player and reading about soccer news around the state while also chatting with others makes the actual game more fun. Just wanted to say thanks.
Crawdad64
Top Gun

Posts 27
Registered 2/3/04
Jolly Roger
Jackson, MO

Soccer Role:
Charter member of the All Knowing Group of Eight and part-time lightning rod of hatred.

posted on 9/3/05 at 10:02 PM
I wont go anywhere else
Kait
a.k.a.
Kait Roberts

Posts 12
Registered 4/26/04
Canada

Soccer Role:
Ardrey Kell Superfan, Charlotte 49ers Superfan

posted on 9/4/05 at 07:22 AM
Would thou likest some cheest with that whinest?
(This is not to Eagle, however, to people who are the cause of this topic being started. )

Eagle1
Administrator

Posts 58
Registered 5/16/02
Missouri
Viburnum, MO

Soccer Role:
Key Master

posted on 9/4/05 at 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Incite

As you know (I think), imagine that you are the parent of teenagers

Yeah I got one of those and a 4 year old to boot... I see both sides of the coin.

Actually the oldest is maturing pretty well and the baby is about out of the tantrums.. which means this is my biggest challenge at the moment.

Miracles Happen !!!

View User's Profile Email Eagle1 Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Eagle1
OBX Soul Surfer
a.k.a.
Jordie Fike

Posts 55
Registered 11/6/06
North Carolina
Outer Banks

Soccer Role:
Former U16 OBX Storm Coach - Future U9 OBX Storm Coach (just not sure when)

posted on 3/23/07 at 03:55 PM
no matter what you do you will not please everybody, reminds me of George Carlin's "everybody that drives slower than you is an idiot, evryone that drives faster than you is a moron."

Just continue to try and make the right choices for the right reasons, and if in the end some turn out to be the wrong decisions, then so be it, you tried your best.

I do believe I've said this before, but it's worth repeating - You have more of a positive effect on NC Soccer than anyone one person could ever really hope to have .. and we all thank you for it.

View User's Profile Email OBX Soul Surfer View All Posts By User U2U OBX Soul Surfer OBX+Soul+Surfer's Yahoo
STORMTROOPER

Posts 1
Registered 8/12/06

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/23/07 at 05:00 PM
This is home sweet home - therapy sometimes, too - thanks.

Live the game... love the game.

Incite
Master

Posts 1273
Registered 10/12/04
The South, USA

Soccer Role:
A lovely and reasoned voice

posted on 3/23/07 at 06:18 PM
Eighteen Month Hiatus. And Reborn.

Promoting the Beautiful Game. And trying to keep things real.

ShakeItUp

Posts 4
Registered 1/11/07

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/23/07 at 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by OBX Soul Surfer

no matter what you do you will not please everybody, reminds me of George Carlin's "everybody that drives slower than you is an idiot, evryone that drives faster than you is a moron."

Just continue to try and make the right choices for the right reasons, and if in the end some turn out to be the wrong decisions, then so be it, you tried your best.

I do believe I've said this before, but it's worth repeating - You have more of a positive effect on NC Soccer than anyone one person could ever really hope to have .. and we all thank you for it.

Positive effect? How so?

cocobelle
Master
a.k.a.
Miss Cathy

Posts 1076
Registered 4/26/04
Usa
Jacksonville

Soccer Role:
Capt Renau's daughter, I miss you Dad

posted on 3/23/07 at 10:21 PM
positive effect in that you can see how the other half lives. Before this board, I really didn't appreciate the kind of soccer that we have locally. Sure, there are politics, but not like what is in other parts of the state.

It's also a sounding board - for newbies, for oldies, for refs, etc. It provides the human touch that NCYSA just can't address.

This site offers 'real time' responses to questions about every aspect of soccer (and raising the soccer player). No three to five day wait. No two game sit out.

Eagle 1 does so much for all of us, by having this site available.

Thanks Eagle!!

...And I have loved you dearly.
More dearly than the spoken word can tell...
Roger Whitaker

soccerangel

Posts 38
Registered 5/27/04

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/23/07 at 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ShakeItUp

Quote:
Originally posted by OBX Soul Surfer

Positive effect? How so?

For one thing, it is the one site that you can come to for accurate and up-to-date soccer information.

krazykeeper
Green Goal Filler

Posts 6642
Registered 6/10/04
Triangle

Soccer Role:
Player/Fan

posted on 3/23/07 at 11:49 PM
This site is great. I'll be here till they run me off. Thanks Eagle1!

Onion Boy

HWPixHend
Statistical Anomaly
a.k.a.
Harlan Hendrick

Posts 24
Registered 9/18/02
Usa
Gastonia

Soccer Role:
Clemson (x2) & Forestview HS/NCSSM - Ex GUSC, CUFC & NM Academy Parent

posted on 3/24/07 at 01:13 AM
Quote:

Positive effect? How so?

If nothing else (and there is plenty "else" from this site that makes NC Soccer much more enjoyable), it allows people like you to come on here and question.........

ShakeItUp

Posts 4
Registered 1/11/07

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/24/07 at 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by HWPixHend

Quote:

Positive effect? How so?

If nothing else (and there is plenty "else" from this site that makes NC Soccer much more enjoyable), it allows people like you to come on here and question.........

who knew a single, simple honest question could be so offensive to so many.....

LDSM
Astute Observer

Posts 75
Registered 5/20/02
Lithuania
Queen of Haw River

Soccer Role:
Registrar and mom of player-coach

posted on 3/24/07 at 07:39 AM
Don't be so thin-skinned, I took it as a joke (see the smiley?)

"Have at it, boys."

View User's Profile Email LDSM Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U LDSM   LDSM 's Aim
HWPixHend
Statistical Anomaly
a.k.a.
Harlan Hendrick

Posts 24
Registered 9/18/02
Usa
Gastonia

Soccer Role:
Clemson (x2) & Forestview HS/NCSSM - Ex GUSC, CUFC & NM Academy Parent

posted on 3/24/07 at 07:44 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by HWPixHend

Quote:

Positive effect? How so?

who knew a single, simple honest question could be so offensive to so many.....

Check out the smiley in my note and then lighten up and/or get a thnner sking if you're going to post here.

ShakeItUp

Posts 4
Registered 1/11/07

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/24/07 at 08:02 AM
Apparently one of the services the site offers is the opportunity for people to rude and obnoxious then tell YOU to lighten up when you point it out.....yep, very positive place this is....
dadofnumber18
Soccer Slave

Posts 311
Registered 2/18/06
Jolly Roger
hip deep

Soccer Role:
Manager, guest trainer, board member, Dad, taxi, bank, kick doctor, water bottle preparer

posted on 3/24/07 at 08:04 AM
Quote:

Apparently one of the services the site offers is the opportunity for people to rude and obnoxious then tell YOU to lighten up when you point it out.....yep, very positive place this is....

And if anyone offends you, you can always complain, whine, tattle, or just ignore them.

Sheryl says "a change will do you good"

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0743911 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy