NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  11/18/18 12:28 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: It is time.... to bow out - [13 Replies | 414 Views]
Eagle1
Administrator

Posts 65
Registered 5/16/02
Missouri
Viburnum, MO

Soccer Role:
Key Master

posted on 11/6/18 at 07:34 AM Reply With Quote
It is time.... to bow out

I'm sorry to say that the time has come to close this site down after more than 17 years. Traffic has dropped to mostly bots and little discussion and I need to update my server. This forum code is way outdated and I do not have the time or desire to do something new. If someone is interested in picking up the ball I'm willing to let the domain name go. Either way the site here will shut down before the end of the year.

It's been fun and wish you all the best....

Miracles Happen !!!

View User's Profile Email Eagle1 Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Eagle1
AHW

Posts 201
Registered 6/6/13
Scotland

Soccer Role:
research and development

posted on 11/6/18 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you for keeping the board open for as long as you have! Maybe someone out there can keep it going or start up something similar.
MySonsPlay

Posts 566
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/6/18 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry to hear, but understood.

Thanks for all the years and time you spent for the sake of NC Soccer

Eagle1
Administrator

Posts 65
Registered 5/16/02
Missouri
Viburnum, MO

Soccer Role:
Key Master

posted on 11/6/18 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
I would keep it going but this forum was written in a OLD version of PHP and some functions were depreciated years ago. I have a need to upgrade the server for other projects and don't want to monkey with hacking in an old PHP version again. If some wants to take over or do something new with the domain that serves NC soccer drop me a line.

Miracles Happen !!!

View User's Profile Email Eagle1 Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Eagle1
RayRay

Posts 835
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/6/18 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Kudos Eagle1. We appreciate it!
Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 368
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 11/6/18 at 04:02 PM Reply With Quote
Man, I was just saying how much I miss the active discussions of NC soccer both at the club and HS level on here. Thank you for providing this space for so long. Here’s hoping some other kind and intelligent soul is able to do something similar. I will definitely miss all the personalities here, even theCynic.
GreensboroSoccerFan

Posts 12
Registered 4/22/03

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/6/18 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Came out of hiding -- from relatively afar -- after 7 or so years to say "Thank You". I come back here every now and then to see what is going on, and I remember the early days quite well. Thanks for all of the time you have put into this site, and best wishes for the future.
SoccerDad1212

Posts 4
Registered 6/3/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/6/18 at 09:59 PM Reply With Quote
Bummer, I enjoyed this site!
The Cynic

Posts 387
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/7/18 at 12:55 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

Man, I was just saying how much I miss the active discussions of NC soccer both at the club and HS level on here. Thank you for providing this space for so long. Here’s hoping some other kind and intelligent soul is able to do something similar. I will definitely miss all the personalities here, even theCynic.

I call it like I see it.

I don't need friends or "likes".

bobjessup

Posts 2
Registered 10/13/09

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/7/18 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I will also say I'm sorry to see the site go dark, but I of course understand the choice and appreciate all that Eagle1 has done over the years.

It's probably been about 15 years I've had kids playing soccer. At the beginning there was no better place to get quick scores, check standings, talk about teams and players and learn about the game - the questions and discussions on rules could get quite active and interesting. I remember once when the site went down for a couple of days and the state-wide wailing of withdrawal could be heard probably to Richmond.

And then, NCYSA big-footed us all (as I'm remembering it), and things changed. That was sad.

But the site has brought me a lot of fun, helped me pass the time, and taught me more than a thing to two over the years. My youngest is now finishing with competitive soccer, and for me personally that's a bittersweet coincidence. I'm just sorry others won't have the benefit of arguing about whether Academy is killing High School, whether that kid who went to Clemson got blackballed at UNC over club choice, whether Bryan Park is in fact the best facility in NC and how to resolve the Prom v State Cup dilemma.

Thanks again to Eagle1 and godspeed to the Forum and all Forumites.

Bob Jessup

dds250

Posts 10
Registered 5/21/15
Usa

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/7/18 at 11:36 AM Reply With Quote
Somebody please learn how to host a forum online.....

[Edited on 11/7/18 by dds250]

Eagle1
Administrator

Posts 65
Registered 5/16/02
Missouri
Viburnum, MO

Soccer Role:
Key Master

posted on 11/7/18 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
IF there is still need for a forum I can host something. My server will be active anyway. But I can not continue with this software. I would have to restart with some in active development.

Let see about a poll???

Miracles Happen !!!

goheels

Posts 43
Registered 5/14/03

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/8/18 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

My own presence is greatly reduced from the days when it was up all day in the background. I do appreciate the effort that went into it, and the information and conversation it offered for years.

Thanks

fleihrr

Posts 103
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/8/18 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
Thank you Eagle1, this is where I learned the ins and outs of the classic soccer system in North Carolina. It's been a bittersweet ride ever since, but this forum has helped immensely.
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0566652 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy