NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  8/14/18 06:18 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: '05 G New to NC Soccer - [14 Replies | 1134 Views]
Soccer4me

Posts 2
Registered 6/1/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/1/18 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
'05 G New to NC Soccer

We have moved to Chapel Hill from Dallas area. My daughter '05 was starting striker on top ranked Region 3 teams and looking for best route to continue her soccer development at high level and have fun in RTP. It seems all things lead to NCFC for top teams but not excited about the long drive. Any advice from the forum on best teams, best coaches? Also interested in any private training info?

fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/2/18 at 05:45 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome and Howdy! NCFC will have the highest level of play available, with Girls' Development Academy and ECNL teams, but you are correct, that commute to the WRAL facility in North Raleigh for those teams will be terrible.

TUSA (Triangle United) will be the most convenient club for you location wise. Unfortunately, TUSA's best girls' coach (a former USWNT player) just left TUSA after last season to start coaching for NCFC. She is coaching for the NCFC Durham-Chapel Hill Gold teams, but is not coaching 05's this year. NCFC's DCH teams will also not be playing at nearly as high a level as your daughter is apparently used to.

You may see if she can get a supplemental tryout for one of the Classic Elite teams (Elite or Premier) at NCFC. I know that for the older girls in high school, the Classic Elite teams will be practicing three times a week near the RDU airport at a new practice facility starting in August, which would be a better (though still not easy) commute. I can't swear that's where the 05 girls will have their weekly practices, but you should check into it. It looks like both the 05 Elite and Premier teams will be playing Region 3 this year, so the competition would be strong.

Good luck!

Hokie

Posts 162
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/2/18 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
Regarding the new Wake Competition Center.....I drove by there the other day. Construction has barely begun on that place. There is one building that has been framed and that's about it....mostly just dirt. They still need to pave roads and parking lots. I will be shocked if that place is open by next Spring, much less this Fall.
winchester73

Posts 166
Registered 5/4/04
North Carolina
Somewhere along Tobacco Road

Soccer Role:
Half a bubble off plumb

posted on 6/3/18 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
http://wakecompetitioncenter.com/2018/05/23/construction-update-may-2018/

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U winchester73
Tusa_coach
a.k.a.
Rich Bryan

Posts 2
Registered 6/3/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/3/18 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Morning, I am the TUSA 05 Girls Gold coach. Feel free to email me as we have supplementals this coming week. We play at a high lecel amd compete in the National Premier League.
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/3/18 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

Regarding the new Wake Competition Center.....I drove by there the other day. Construction has barely begun on that place. There is one building that has been framed and that's about it....mostly just dirt. They still need to pave roads and parking lots. I will be shocked if that place is open by next Spring, much less this Fall.

See, things like this are why people don't trust in their club. It was clearly stated by an NCFC Director at an information session back in April that these fields would be ready for practices during the upcoming fall season. Very frustrating. If they could just get the fields leveled and turfed by August, I wouldn't even mind driving and parking on dirt to get there.

Hokie

Posts 162
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/3/18 at 12:01 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fleihrr

Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

See, things like this are why people don't trust in their club. It was clearly stated by an NCFC Director at an information session back in April that these fields would be ready for practices during the upcoming fall season. Very frustrating. If they could just get the fields leveled and turfed by August, I wouldn't even mind driving and parking on dirt to get there.

Well, I suppose soccer field installation won't take too long and could be opened first with Porta Pottys brought in, but construction will continue on all the other facilities. I had assumed the McCrimmon Parkway extension would be complete prior to opening anything at WCC, but I guess that is not the case.

SoccerDad1212

Posts 2
Registered 6/3/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/3/18 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Tusa_coach

Morning, I am the TUSA 05 Girls Gold coach. Feel free to email me as we have supplementals this coming week. We play at a high lecel amd compete in the National Premier League.

Has the coaching roster for TUSA changed? On the TUSA website as if this yesterday Coach Richie is listed as the 05 G Silver and Coach BoBo as 05 girls gold.

SoccerDad1212

Posts 2
Registered 6/3/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/3/18 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by SoccerDad1212

Quote:

Has the coaching roster for TUSA changed? On the TUSA website as if this yesterday Coach Richie is listed as the 05 G Silver and Coach BoBo as 05 girls gold.

I guess it was updated this morning:
https://triangleunited.demosphere-secure.com/_files/tryouts/GirlsStaff.pdf

Tusa_coach
a.k.a.
Rich Bryan

Posts 2
Registered 6/3/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/3/18 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by SoccerDad1212

Quote:

Yes, coach was changed last week from Bobo to Rich Bryan. Website will be updated officially tomorrow. I’m the 04 & 05 Gold coach.

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 353
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 6/3/18 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget, development *can* happen during the HS season too. Here's hoping you all will be in the CHHS district :0
RayRay

Posts 803
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/4/18 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

Don't forget, development *can* happen during the HS season too. Here's hoping you all will be in the CHHS district :0

I want to move but my wife would kill me.

RayRay

Posts 803
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/4/18 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
Please note that Coach Richie took a 2nd division team in the fall that was promoted to Premier and made the Final Four at State Cup this spring.
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/5/18 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like the OP has a great option!
Soccer4me

Posts 2
Registered 6/1/18

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/5/18 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks fleihrr. I appreciate the feedback. This is helpful. We look forward to the NC soccer experience.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0625038 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy