NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  10/16/18 06:55 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: just lost in the finals due to a missed offsides call - [11 Replies | 1560 Views]
cac

Posts 9
Registered 5/14/18
Charlotte

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/20/18 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
just lost in the finals due to a missed offsides call

i'm kind of just venting, but i'm just mad. within the first 15 minutes, we realized that the ref wasn't going to call offsides, and many close calls happened because of that. 30 minutes in, and this small and dirty player makes a breakaway and has a 1 on 1 with our keeper, and scores. We tie it up in the 2nd half and go into sudden death. at the end of the 1st overtime, we had a corner, and the half ended just as we were about to kick it. apparently it's a rule in our league that you can stop the game on a penalty, freekick, throw-in, or corner. during the 2nd half of overtime, our team just wanted to hold out until penalties, which are our strength. a minute before the end of the half, the small kid cracks a shot from like 20 yards out and scores.

i'm just mad that the refs are incompetent

Offsidetrap

Posts 127
Registered 10/23/14
Usa

Soccer Role:
Dad, coach, referee, fan, critic.

posted on 5/20/18 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by cac

i'm kind of just venting, but i'm just mad. within the first 15 minutes, we realized that the ref wasn't going to call offsides, and many close calls happened because of that. 30 minutes in, and this small and dirty player makes a breakaway and has a 1 on 1 with our keeper, and scores. We tie it up in the 2nd half and go into sudden death. at the end of the 1st overtime, we had a corner, and the half ended just as we were about to kick it. apparently it's a rule in our league that you can stop the game on a penalty, freekick, throw-in, or corner. during the 2nd half of overtime, our team just wanted to hold out until penalties, which are our strength. a minute before the end of the half, the small kid cracks a shot from like 20 yards out and scores.

Sounds unfortunate. Can't comment on the offside call as I was not there however, unless you are playing with a high school clock, time is kept with the referee. When the clock strikes 00:00 he/she should be stopping the game no matter what is taking place. I hear many times that the referee should give that last DFK or corner or.... whatever. If that is the case, he is giving an advantage to the offense. Zero time on the clock should mean game is over, not one more play or sequence.

Liverpoolfan9

Posts 150
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:
Kid's bankroll

posted on 5/21/18 at 06:40 AM Reply With Quote
Someone does need to evaluate referees. I always make sure to compliment them when they do a good job whether we win or lose. But we can not say anything when they do an obvious poor job. If we say anything, it is assumed the referee is right and the coach or spectators are wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Offsidetrap

Quote:
Originally posted by cac

Sounds unfortunate. Can't comment on the offside call as I was not there however, unless you are playing with a high school clock, time is kept with the referee. When the clock strikes 00:00 he/she should be stopping the game no matter what is taking place. I hear many times that the referee should give that last DFK or corner or.... whatever. If that is the case, he is giving an advantage to the offense. Zero time on the clock should mean game is over, not one more play or sequence.

RayRay

Posts 818
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/21/18 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
Studs up late challenge on our keeper early in the game. Knocks our keeper out of the game. Nary a card, not even a yellow. No back up keeper so we have a field player in there. Guess what, each goal was scored on keeper error. In every league in the world, that is a red card. Instead we are penalized by losing our keeper.
cac

Posts 9
Registered 5/14/18
Charlotte

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/6/18 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Liverpoolfan9

Someone does need to evaluate referees. I always make sure to compliment them when they do a good job whether we win or lose. But we can not say anything when they do an obvious poor job. If we say anything, it is assumed the referee is right and the coach or spectators are wrong.

Quote:
Originally posted by Offsidetrap

Quote:
Originally posted by cac

Our team plays in a Rec league, which means the refs we get are paid very little, or nothing at all. The competitive leagues get all the good refs, and we're stuck with the bad ones.

The Cynic

Posts 379
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/7/18 at 11:42 AM Reply With Quote
The rec referees are probably at the same (or slightly higher) level than the rec players.

You are too cheap too pay them, yet you expect them to be quality.

Funny and sad at the same time.

cac

Posts 9
Registered 5/14/18
Charlotte

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/11/18 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by The Cynic

The rec referees are probably at the same (or slightly higher) level than the rec players.

not sure why you bothered to make this comment. once you get to age 13+ in our rec league, the level of competition is almost as high as the level of competition in competitive. we have serious coaches, both played soccer in college, and we play seriously. most everyone on our team also plays for their school teams as well. the type of calls the refs were making seemed unfair to even the parents who were spectating. the price we pay for soccer should not decide what type of refs we get. I have spoken to other kids that play competitive csa, and they say the refs are just as bad as the refs in rec csa, where I play.

MySonsPlay

Posts 563
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/11/18 at 12:29 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by cac

Quote:

not sure why you bothered to make this comment. once you get to age 13+ in our rec league, the level of competition is almost as high as the level of competition in competitive. we have serious coaches, both played soccer in college, and we play seriously. most everyone on our team also plays for their school teams as well. the type of calls the refs were making seemed unfair to even the parents who were spectating. the price we pay for soccer should not decide what type of refs we get. I have spoken to other kids that play competitive csa, and they say the refs are just as bad as the refs in rec csa, where I play.

Did you read his Username? He is the price you pay for a free and open forum.

The Cynic

Posts 379
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 6/11/18 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by MySonsPlay

Quote:
Originally posted by cac

Quote:

You are correct, I am the price.

CSA rec is at the same level as CSA classic?? Yeah right.

You get what you pay for and since you don't pay, you deserve what you get.

pitchblack

Posts 119
Registered 6/7/13
NC

Soccer Role:
Mostly Parent

posted on 7/7/18 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Our team plays in a Rec league, which means the refs we get are paid very little, or nothing at all. The competitive leagues get all the good refs, and we're stuck with the bad ones.

This is not true, at least in the Triangle area. Refs doing Rec games are paid slightly less, but most of the centers are the same refs doing Challenge and Classic.

Also, most parents have no clue when it comes to LOTG, you can't make an argument for/against a call based on what parents think should be called.

winchester73

Posts 166
Registered 5/4/04
North Carolina
Somewhere along Tobacco Road

Soccer Role:
Half a bubble off plumb

posted on 7/8/18 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by pitchblack

This is not true, at least in the Triangle area. Refs doing Rec games are paid slightly less, but most of the centers are the same refs doing Challenge and Classic.

Also, most parents have no clue when it comes to LOTG, you can't make an argument for/against a call based on what parents think should be called.

Word

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE

View User's Profile Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U winchester73
cac

Posts 9
Registered 5/14/18
Charlotte

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/3/18 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by MySonsPlay

Quote:
Originally posted by cac

Quote:

You are correct, I am the price.

CSA rec is at the same level as CSA classic?? Yeah right.

You get what you pay for and since you don't pay, you deserve what you get.

making comments like these, it's obvious you've never been to a u16 rec game. please make sure that you know what you are talking about.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0739701 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy