NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  8/14/18 06:17 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: 13 year old playing Varsity Soccer - [3 Replies | 514 Views]
cac

Posts 9
Registered 5/14/18
Charlotte

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/14/18 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
13 year old playing Varsity Soccer

hey, so i'm new here.

next year I will be a freshman at 13 years old, and according to the rules of my school, I must try out for varsity soccer. I don't have many doubts that I can make the team, as my school is a small private school. I'm just wondering how I'd do playing against some kids that are seniors. I'm currently 5'3, 102 pounds, and play left back. I know I'll probably be bigger next year, but I'm just wondering if I'd even stand a chance against a six food right winger.

thanks,

cac

CFA Soccer

Posts 2
Registered 10/10/17

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/14/18 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
CAC,

Thanks for the post. It can tough playing against older and more physically mature players. Plenty of smaller players do well on the varsity soccer team. Coaches will put smaller players on the wings occasionally to avoid some of the taller players in the middle of the field.

Keep working on your touch and skill, those are the areas you can influence. Don't worry about the physical nature of the sport, you will find your way. You stand a good chance against taller players.

Best of luck to you and your team.

soccerlovernc

Posts 340
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/14/18 at 02:00 PM Reply With Quote
You will be just fine. Keep working!
cac

Posts 9
Registered 5/14/18
Charlotte

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/15/18 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by CFA Soccer

CAC,

Thanks for the post. It can tough playing against older and more physically mature players. Plenty of smaller players do well on the varsity soccer team. Coaches will put smaller players on the wings occasionally to avoid some of the taller players in the middle of the field.

Keep working on your touch and skill, those are the areas you can influence. Don't worry about the physical nature of the sport, you will find your way. You stand a good chance against taller players.

Best of luck to you and your team.

Hey, thanks a lot for the encouragement. I'm going to be doing a lot of training over the summer so I can be ready for next year.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0374281 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy