NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  8/14/18 06:17 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: 2018-2019 TRYOUTS thread - [25 Replies | 2754 Views]
soccerlovernc

Posts 340
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/9/18 at 10:24 AM Reply With Quote
2018-2019 TRYOUTS thread

Sooooo, a little late for this perhaps? How did tryouts go for everyone? I heard former TFCA kids got creamed and shoved down this year by NCFC. Any truth to that in the triangle areas?
4Krans

Posts 117
Registered 11/3/14
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/9/18 at 10:44 AM Reply With Quote
Pick it up. I come here once a year to hear parents stress and freak out over tryouts. Please dont let me down this year.
Russian

Posts 171
Registered 10/24/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/9/18 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
I heard from an unreliable, unnamed source that 40-50 TUSA girls have left to join NCFC.
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/9/18 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Russian

I heard from an unreliable, unnamed source that 40-50 TUSA girls have left to join NCFC.

Good Lord, that would be an exodus! I heard that a few from CP's 03 team were at the ECNL tryouts, and a couple were at Elite/Premier, but nothing on that scale. Don't know how many of them followed her to the DCH regional team.

fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/9/18 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
As for the TFCA vs. CASL thing, from what I know on the older girls i couldn't see any real discrimination based on former clubs. That may have gone on somewhat at the GDA level, but the ECNL players that got pushed down were pretty evenly distributed between former TFCA and CASL players. I know of a few former TFCA that got moved up a team, and a few former CASL that got moved down, and vice versa.

And yes, 4Krans, the last day of tryouts was a miserable, horrible experience until we got the call that night. Happy?

4Krans

Posts 117
Registered 11/3/14
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/9/18 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fleihrr

As for the TFCA vs. CASL thing, from what I know on the older girls i couldn't see any real discrimination based on former clubs. That may have gone on somewhat at the GDA level, but the ECNL players that got pushed down were pretty evenly distributed between former TFCA and CASL players. I know of a few former TFCA that got moved up a team, and a few former CASL that got moved down, and vice versa.

And yes, 4Krans, the last day of tryouts was a miserable, horrible experience until we got the call that night. Happy?

not enough drama, lol

soccerlovernc

Posts 340
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fleihrr

I heard that a couple of highly rated 03 girls got dumped from ECNL and were not happy. Several 03 elites were pushed down too. Ditto for a couple of 02s that I have heard from. Of course this stuff is amplified because it is more fun to listen to the parents whine and moan.

I heard a lot of JV caliber girls will play on elite teams this year.

DCH-Dad

Posts 9
Registered 1/8/18
Member Is Online

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:

I think when all is said and done, that may turn out to be a low estimate.

Just among the older girls, last year NCFC in DCH had a single combined '03/'04 girls team. This fall it looks as if they'll have an '02, two '03s, and an '04. Assuming all players from last year's NCFC combined team return, the club is still adding three full team rosters worth of players (~54 girls), primarily from TUSA.

This doesn't even begin to address what might happen at the '05 and younger levels.

RayRay

Posts 803
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 09:14 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by DCH-Dad

Quote:

I think when all is said and done, that may turn out to be a low estimate.

Just among the older girls, last year NCFC in DCH had a single combined '03/'04 girls team. This fall it looks as if they'll have an '02, two '03s, and an '04. Assuming all players from last year's NCFC combined team return, the club is still adding three full team rosters worth of players (~54 girls), primarily from TUSA.

This doesn't even begin to address what might happen at the '05 and younger levels.

The 03 TUSA teams have been decimated. The 04 team will likely stay intact. I wonder where NCFC will get 04 players from?

fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
By my (very) unofficial and second hand understanding, there were about 8 girls from 03 ECNL that got moved down. It was 4/4 TFCA/CASL. I know of 3 Elite girls that got moved up to ECNL, 1 TFCA, one CASL, and one who had moved from out of state last year and joined NCFC in its first season. So pretty even-handed regarding the "bloodlines" of players from what I understand. TIFWIW
DCH-Dad

Posts 9
Registered 1/8/18
Member Is Online

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

The 03 TUSA teams have been decimated. The 04 team will likely stay intact. I wonder where NCFC will get 04 players from?

I don't have any specific information on the '04s. Their tryouts haven't happened yet, so it's conceivable that the club doesn't know final numbers yet either. Maybe they're counting on playing up some '05s?

With CP moving over, will the TUSA 05 girls' teams be as heavily affected as the '03s?

[Edited on 5/10/18 by DCH-Dad]

RayRay

Posts 803
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by DCH-Dad

Quote:

I don't have any specific information on the '04s. Their tryouts haven't happened yet, so it's conceivable that the club doesn't know final numbers yet either. Maybe they're counting on playing up some '05s?

With CP moving over, will the TUSA 05 girls' teams be as heavily affected as the '03s?

[Edited on 5/10/18 by DCH-Dad]

I'm not sure either. I don't have a good source on the 05 team.

[Edited on 5/10/18 by RayRay]

Hokie

Posts 162
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
The 05's have been having ID trials for GDA which are also apparently doubling as ECNL trials because the ECNL coaches are in attendance as well. With that said, I don't believe there are more than 2 or 3 girls attending these trials who are from an outside club.

CPC has been assigned to the 02, 03 and 06 Gold DCH regional teams for next year. I'd expect those are the age groups that will see the most TUSA transfers.

[Edited on 5/10/18 by Hokie]

pb5

Posts 6
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/18 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
Of the 03 ECNL team ....6 left the club before tryouts. 6 were sent to elite. 6 remained. Only 10 spots filled on ECNL and Elite only has like 14 so rosters arent quite set from what i have heard.
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/11/18 at 07:21 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by pb5

Of the 03 ECNL team ....6 left the club before tryouts. 6 were sent to elite. 6 remained. Only 10 spots filled on ECNL and Elite only has like 14 so rosters arent quite set from what i have heard.

Wow. Where do you go when you quit the ECNL team and NCFC is the only game in town? TUSA Gold and Wake FC would seem to be lateral moves at best from Elite, unless you lived in Chapel Hill or HSFV.

pb5

Posts 6
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/11/18 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
From what I heard that group was super unhappy. Some may have gone to NC Fusion and some were going to AT's tournament team. But basically the joy had been sucked out of them. It's a shame they were all really good players. Most were part of that CASL group who had performed really well, won states and went to nationals the year before.
Hokie

Posts 162
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/11/18 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
What were they all unhappy about? This past year's 03 ECNL teams consisted of a melting pot of players (4 from previous year ECNL, 7 from CASL Red North, 4 from TFCA Alliance, 1 from CASL Black North, 1 outsider). So not sure how you can make any conclusions about the potential this group may of had when the majority were playing ECNL for the first time. This team didn't have a lot of success this past year either.....going 3-7-4 since September.

[Edited on 5/11/18 by Hokie]

RayRay

Posts 803
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/11/18 at 08:31 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

What were they all unhappy about? This past year's 03 ECNL teams consisted of a melting pot of players (4 from previous year ECNL, 7 from CASL Red North, 4 from TFCA Alliance, 1 from CASL Black North, 1 outsider). So not sure how you can make any conclusions about the potential this group may of had when the majority were playing ECNL for the first time. This team didn't have a lot of success this past year either.....going 3-7-4 since September.

04 was worse...

Hokie

Posts 162
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/11/18 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

04 was worse...

04 roster is half former TFCA.....perhaps TFCA didn't bring in the depth on the girls side that they expected out of the merger. I can attest that TFCA added little to the 05 and 06 age groups.

pb5

Posts 6
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/11/18 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
I was told by a parent that they felt like the 03s had no developement. After september trainings were essentially a 20 min warm up followed by the coach "telling" players how to play. Lots of club complaints that fell on deaf ears. Coach wouldnt respond to parents or even his own manager. No feedback or evals thru out the year. Only feedback was after season was over. Not sure how that coukd be because coach had a great reputation prior to this team/year.
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0784101 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy