NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  7/15/18 11:43 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: GDA/ECNL team selection - [13 Replies | 1605 Views]
pitchperfect

Posts 13
Registered 4/19/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
GDA/ECNL team selection

ECNL tryouts begin this weekend. Doesn't that mean the GDA team roster for next year should be completed? Any roster changes?
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Website says GDA team decisions come out no later than today:

http://www.ncfcacademy.com/Default.aspx?tabid=1579340

[Edited on 4/10/18 by fleihrr]

pitchperfect

Posts 13
Registered 4/19/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info. Maybe some news tomorrow then?.
messi

Posts 223
Registered 11/19/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
they probably know the rosters BEFORE the "tryouts", at least that's what I saw at NCFC last year
Hokie

Posts 158
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 01:42 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, 95% of the rosters are probably determined prior to the actual tryout. But they wouldn't be able to maximize their $25 per head tryout registration fee if they didn't have every single player attend tryouts.

I was told the April 10 deadline was just for the returning GDA teams......I think U15 and up. U14 GDA to be announced in May. U14 and U13 ECNL tryouts will be in May as well.

[Edited on 4/10/18 by Hokie]

pitchperfect

Posts 13
Registered 4/19/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/27/18 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Heard ECNL calls are being made tonight. Still nothing on GDA?
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/27/18 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Apparently the National GDA is deciding whether to split the U16/17 age division into separate years (1 U16 and 1 U17), they won't decide that until mid-May is what I've heard. It's my understanding that NCFC is proceeding on the assumption that the GDA age group will stay with a combined U16/17 team, and setting the teams below below accordingly. If National splits the GDA age groups, then they can move players up, rather than down, after the teams below have been set.
FutbolDad

Posts 26
Registered 12/11/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/27/18 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting re: splitting 16/17. Any idea if they are also considering for boys?
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/28/18 at 10:15 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry, haven't heard much on the boys side. Maybe poke around soccerwire.com to see if they have any articles on that. I'm not even sure how hard they are actually considering it on the girls side, but it would generate more paying customers, so there is always a chance for it.
soccerlovernc

Posts 339
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/30/18 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
How did tryouts go/going for older girls? Any pushdown effects?
fleihrr

Posts 101
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/30/18 at 12:55 PM Reply With Quote
They are thankfully over for the ECNL and Classic Elite/Premier teams. Regionals finish up next weekend. Some downward movement, but not as much as expected, even a couple of players moving up a team. Some TUSA players were there, not sure where they ended up placed. I think a couple may have made ECNL and Elite, but wait to see when the rosters come out. Rumors are that a few players declined offers for lower teams and left NCFC. Overall it turned out to not be as big of a shakeup as it had been the last two years with the age group realignment and the club merger.

There are always people who are going to be upset with some of the decisions made but from what I know of the makeup of the teams, there weren't any outrageous or head-scratching player placements. It is still an awful process to go through, and I'm glad it is over for another year.

Das

Posts 85
Registered 6/16/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/1/18 at 07:57 AM Reply With Quote
I know of a few '01s that didn't even show up to the lower team tryouts after missing out on the upper teams. There were supposed to be 4 "north" teams (~70 players) based on registrations but there were less than 50 girls at the tryout, so the girls were told that there would only be 3 teams now. That's expected at this age though as many of the girls are entering their senior years and have more important things to worry about than 2nd division soccer.
Hokie

Posts 158
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/1/18 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Das

I know of a few '01s that didn't even show up to the lower team tryouts after missing out on the upper teams. There were supposed to be 4 "north" teams (~70 players) based on registrations but there were less than 50 girls at the tryout, so the girls were told that there would only be 3 teams now. That's expected at this age though as many of the girls are entering their senior years and have more important things to worry about than 2nd division soccer.

The coaching list shows an Elite, Premier, Gold N, White N, and possible Red N for the 01 age group.

soccerlovernc

Posts 339
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/1/18 at 11:25 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fleihrr

They are thankfully over for the ECNL and Classic Elite/Premier teams. Regionals finish up next weekend. Some downward movement, but not as much as expected, even a couple of players moving up a team. Some TUSA players were there, not sure where they ended up placed. I think a couple may have made ECNL and Elite, but wait to see when the rosters come out. Rumors are that a few players declined offers for lower teams and left NCFC. Overall it turned out to not be as big of a shakeup as it had been the last two years with the age group realignment and the club merger.

There are always people who are going to be upset with some of the decisions made but from what I know of the makeup of the teams, there weren't any outrageous or head-scratching player placements. It is still an awful process to go through, and I'm glad it is over for another year.

Good to hear that there was some upward movement as well. I hated that once a kid was marked as a certain level player, there was virtually no movement after that no matter how hard that kid tried or improved. The only way to a better team was changing clubs but with only one show in town now, it is even more awful.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0557709 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy