NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  4/21/18 04:14 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: NCFC Tryouts Informational Meeting - [64 Replies | 3959 Views]
fleihrr

Posts 79
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/26/18 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
NCFC Tryouts Informational Meeting

Did anyone go to this last night? Any newsworthy changes from the procedure last year?
messi

Posts 209
Registered 11/19/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/26/18 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
bring a bigger wallet
soccerlovernc

Posts 297
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/29/18 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
You too can play college soccer or turn pro as long as you can pay travel soccer fees. Never mind you look like shrek, have two left feet, can't run for more than 60 sec and have the attention span of a fly.
Russian

Posts 165
Registered 10/24/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/6/18 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
NCFC's latest hire on the girl's side is going to transfer some talent over to NCFC from TUSA.
RayRay

Posts 772
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/9/18 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Russian

NCFC's latest hire on the girl's side is going to transfer some talent over to NCFC from TUSA.

Yup. Wish we knew what ages she will coach...

messi

Posts 209
Registered 11/19/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/9/18 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

Quote:

Yup. Wish we knew what ages she will coach...

2003 2005 I think

fleihrr

Posts 79
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
So if you are a TUSA Gold player looking to change clubs because she left, do you try out for DCH where she will be coaching but in a lower division of play? Or, if invited, do you try out for Elite and Premier?
RayRay

Posts 772
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 09:25 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fleihrr

So if you are a TUSA Gold player looking to change clubs because she left, do you try out for DCH where she will be coaching but in a lower division of play? Or, if invited, do you try out for Elite and Premier?

For the most part, players will move only to play for her. Most DCH girls I know will not want to battle 40 & 540 traffic 3-4 times a week to play for Elite or Premier.

Hokie

Posts 144
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 02:02 PM Reply With Quote
She has already been announced for the 2003 Gold DCH team and she will probably have the 2005 Gold DCH team as well.....same age groups she has at TUSA. If she stays as a Regional coach next year, then I'd imagine this is her choice. Otherwise, I'd expect her to be in the mix for Premier, Elite and higher teams next year. Ironically, NCFC currently only has 03, 05 and 06 DCH girls teams. If she brings a lot of TUSA's talent with her and the Gold DCH team is expected to be good, then NCFC will place them in an appropriate division within NCYSA.
fleihrr

Posts 79
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/10/18 at 04:08 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

She has already been announced for the 2003 Gold DCH team and she will probably have the 2005 Gold DCH team as well.....same age groups she has at TUSA. If she stays as a Regional coach next year, then I'd imagine this is her choice. Otherwise, I'd expect her to be in the mix for Premier, Elite and higher teams next year. Ironically, NCFC currently only has 03, 05 and 06 DCH girls teams. If she brings a lot of TUSA's talent with her and the Gold DCH team is expected to be good, then NCFC will place them in an appropriate division within NCYSA.

Good info. I didn't know who decided what division that a given team would play in - the club or NCYSA. I thought it was the latter, and they'd have to build a body of work over a year or two before being placed in a higher division. Thanks

RayRay

Posts 772
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 06:35 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by fleihrr

Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

Good info. I didn't know who decided what division that a given team would play in - the club or NCYSA. I thought it was the latter, and they'd have to build a body of work over a year or two before being placed in a higher division. Thanks

That's tough for an 03 team as it could take a year or two to move up to Premier. Not so bad for an 05 team. She has a young child at home so I doubt she wants to be a Premier or Elite coach and make that trek to North Raleigh 3-4 days a week.

RayRay

Posts 772
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 06:43 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know that much about her TUSA 05 team, but the 03 parents were pretty upset with TUSA's handling of the situation. They will leave in spite of TUSA even though it may not be the best thing for their player. This brings up a good question---at that age, is it better to follow a good coach or play at a higher level.
Russian

Posts 165
Registered 10/24/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
RayRay - I have been told that every player from that team is leaving but we'll see if that really happens. And with TU tryouts starting this weekend and NCFC's in 3 weeks it should get really messy. My guess is that they (NCFC Dur/CH 03 team) will supplement 2nd division play with high level tourneys and then jump up the next season if NCFC can figure that part of it out. I think that TU 03 Gold team has a Region 3 spot for next season which could bring some girls over.
messi

Posts 209
Registered 11/19/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:

RayRay - I have been told that every player from that team is leaving but we'll see if that really happens. And with TU tryouts starting this weekend and NCFC's in 3 weeks it should get really messy. My guess is that they (NCFC Dur/CH 03 team) will supplement 2nd division play with high level tourneys and then jump up the next season if NCFC can figure that part of it out. I think that TU 03 Gold team has a Region 3 spot for next season which could bring some girls over.

it actually makes little sense to move at the older ages. Must start in second division. Assuming finish in top two than Fall 2019 can play in first division, than if top 2 in Fall 2020 can play in premier fall 2021. Since no spring league for those ages. The likelihood of any of these girls playing high level college is not great, so why add the travel time for practice.

[Edited on 4/11/18 by messi]

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 318
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 4/11/18 at 09:26 AM Reply With Quote
I hope all the 03s don't leave. I'm gonna need some left for that age group!
fleihrr

Posts 79
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
The TUSA Gold 03 team finished first in their Region 3 division this year (First Division North). As I understand the rules of Region 3, that means they get moved up to the Premier Division of Region 3.
MySonsPlay

Posts 556
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 10:25 AM Reply With Quote
don't you all think this Director of NCFC-DCH is just a start. Once the Girl's USSDA goes to the younger age groups, to be on par with the boys, She will be announced as the Academy Director of NCFC South? I bet that is what she has been promised, she is the most logical choice for that roll in the Triangle.

So if all those TUSA girls are leaving,they might only have her as a coach for another year depending on the USSDA time line for expanding the girls side.

The Cynic

Posts 370
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Who is this mystery person?

Hope Solo?

Amy Wombat?

Pep Guardiola?

messi

Posts 209
Registered 11/19/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 10:54 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by The Cynic

Who is this mystery person?

Hope Solo?

Amy Wombat?

Pep Guardiola?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cindy_Parlow_Cone

so basically the 03s would never get back to the level they are leaving

Russian

Posts 165
Registered 10/24/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/18 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
The 03 NCFC D/CH will play in 2nd div next season but I'm not sure what happens after that. Can NCFC "relabel" them and get them to Premier the following season? This had to be a talking/selling point to bring the team over en masse.
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.1108460 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy