NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  11/22/17 05:15 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: State Semi Finals and Finals Predictions - [27 Replies | 2052 Views]
MyOpinion
Member




Posts 116
Registered 11/5/15
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/13/17 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
State Semi Finals and Finals Predictions

4A
Gibbons over Heritage in a high scoring affair and fun game3-2.
Providence over Hough in a 0-0 game and Providence sneaking out a goal in OT.

Providence over Gibbons in the final, Providence stifles Gibbons attack

3A
Chapel Hill over Lee County as they continue their revenge run back to the state champ.
Marvin Ridge over Reynolds, Reynolds just concedes too often

Chapel Hill over Marvin Ridge as CH completes redemption tour

2A
East Duplin over First Flight, the long bus ride and a raucous environment will do in FF
Newton Connover over Patton as NC continues to roll

ED over NC to win the state title, a lot of speed for ED on that big field

1A
FA over Raleigh Charter as the rivalry continues to be a great game
Bishop Mcguinnes ends Mt airy run

FA over BM in the final

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U MyOpinion
MySonsPlay
Senior Member




Posts 542
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/13/17 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
We need more input from the western part of the state.

Providences defense appears to be for real, 8 goals in 23 games, give them a big edge.

3A - Partial to the Chapel Hill

that is all I know

Good luck to alll


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U MySonsPlay
Liverpoolfan9
Member




Posts 130
Registered 5/12/14
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
Kid's bankroll

posted on 11/13/17 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
We lost to Newton Conover Saturday. Our goalie got a red with 15 left in the first. Honest mistake by him, but it was a red. Tough to stay with them with only 10 men. We did get some attack, but could not sustain. Job well done by our guys, but Conover is legit as well.

Best of luck to those remaining.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Liverpoolfan9
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 343
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 11/13/17 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
Posted my thoughts on the west in another thread but I will put in here again:

Providence - 78 goals for and 8 goals allowed in 24 games this season.
cannot find any individual stats
outscored playoff opponents 5-0

Hough - 133 goals for and 18 goals allowed in 24 games this season
Houghs top 2 scorers have combined for 66 goals
Outscored playoff opponents 10-1

Common Opponents and Results:

Myers Park:

Providence won 1-0
Hough lost 2-1 and won 3-1

South Meck:

Providence tied 1-1, won 2-0 and 1-0
Hough won 4-0

Ardrey Kell:

Providence won 1-0 and 2-0
Hough won 4-3

Cox Mill:

Providence won 2-1
Hough won 7-4

East Meck:

Providence won 3-2
Hough won 7-0

Not sure what the numbers mean but against those opponents:

Providence 7-0-1 and outscored opponents 13-4 in 8 games
Hough 5-1 and outscored opponents 27-9 over 6 games

So against these common opponents Providence is scoring 1.625 goals per game and Hough is scoring 4.5 goals a game.

Against the common opponents Providence is giving up .5 goals per game and Hough is giving up 1.5



Last 10 games:

Both teams undefeated during the stretch. Providence has outscored last 10 opponents 32-1. Hough has outscored the last 10 opponents 59-3.

Based on all of this info it should be a great game. On paper it would seem that Providence's strength is in their defense and that Houghs is in their offense. Will be interesting to see how things shake out on Tuesday.



[Edited on 11/13/17 by csc8180]

[Edited on 11/13/17 by csc8180]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
93dad
Newbie




Posts 1
Registered 4/4/17
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/13/17 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
[quote]Originally posted by csc8180

Posted my thoughts on the west in another thread but I will put in here again:

Providence - 78 goals for and 8 goals allowed in 24 games this season.
cannot find any individual stats
outscored playoff opponents 5-0

Hough - 133 goals for and 18 goals allowed in 24 games this season
Houghs top 2 scorers have combined for 66 goals
Outscored playoff opponents 10-1

Common Opponents and Results:

Myers Park:

Providence won 1-0
Hough lost 2-1 and won 3-1

South Meck:

Providence tied 1-1, won 2-0 and 1-0
Hough won 4-0

Ardrey Kell:

Providence won 1-0 and 2-0
Hough won 4-3

Cox Mill:

Providence won 2-1
Hough won 7-4

East Meck:

Providence won 3-2
Hough won 7-0

Not sure what the numbers mean but against those opponents:

Providence 7-0-1 and outscored opponents 13-4 in 8 games
Hough 5-1 and outscored opponents 27-9 over 6 games

So against these common opponents Providence is scoring 1.625 goals per game and Hough is scoring 4.5 goals a game.

Against the common opponents Providence is giving up .5 goals per game and Hough is giving up 1.5



Last 10 games:

Both teams undefeated during the stretch. Providence has outscored last 10 opponents 32-1. Hough has outscored the last 10 opponents 59-3.

Based on all of this info it should be a great game. On paper it would seem that Providence's strength is in their defense and that Houghs is in their offense. Will be interesting to see how things shake out on Tuesday.



[
csc8180
Thanks for taking your time to put this together.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U 93dad
SentioVenia
Member




Posts 87
Registered 5/29/10
Germany
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/14/17 at 12:51 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by MyOpinion
2A
East Duplin over First Flight, the long bus ride and a raucous environment will do in FF
Newton Connover over Patton as NC continues to roll

ED over NC to win the state title, a lot of speed for ED on that big field




Newton-Conover already beat East Duplin 5-1 this season. Granted, it was the first game of the year, but there it is.

[Edited on 11/14/17 by SentioVenia]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U SentioVenia
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 343
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 11/14/17 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
4-1 win for Hough
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 343
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 11/14/17 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
1 from the west hough vs 1 from the east gibbons on saturday. who does everyone have?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
ACR
Junior Member




Posts 32
Registered 5/1/07
Michigan
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/14/17 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
AC Reynolds-1
Marvin Ridge -0

Overtime, PK's.

Great game. Huge crowd. Had everything you could ask for. Back and forth action, Great saves, dominant stretches for both teams. In the end the ACR keeper saved the 2nd MR penalty. Everyone else on both teams converted.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U ACR
RayRay
Senior Member




Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by csc8180

1 from the west hough vs 1 from the east gibbons on saturday. who does everyone have?


Gibbons only because they are from the east. Should be a helluva match!

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RayRay
MyOpinion
Member




Posts 116
Registered 11/5/15
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by csc8180

1 from the west hough vs 1 from the east gibbons on saturday. who does everyone have?



Im Biased but Gibbons is really good and knows how to win, even when being outplayed

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U MyOpinion
Gopher
Junior Member




Posts 12
Registered 5/14/12
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Anyone know game times for the Nov 18th finals? Are tickets for multiple games or single games? I'd like to try to catch the 3A and 4A finals.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Gopher
stormobx
Junior Member
a.k.a.
Jeff Scott




Posts 36
Registered 10/24/14
North Carolina
Outer Banks
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
The 2A match between First Flight and Newton Conover should be a really good game. I've seen both play this year. Both are well coached, have good offense and pretty solid defense. These teams squared off a few years ago in Raleigh with Newton Conover winning 2 -0. I think this one comes down to who wants it most.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U stormobx
nccoach
Junior Member




Posts 23
Registered 8/6/07
Italy
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 09:44 AM Reply With Quote
11:05 AM
4A
1 Cardinal Gibbons
1 Hough

2:05 PM
2A
2 First Flight
1 Newton-Conover

5:05 PM
3A
5 Chapel Hill
1 A.C. Reynolds

8:05 PM
1A
1 Franklin Academy
2 Bishop McGuinness

$8 for all day

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U nccoach
RayRay
Senior Member




Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Are the games on TWC Spectrum like in the past?
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RayRay
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 343
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 11/15/17 at 01:31 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

Are the games on TWC Spectrum like in the past?



i think you have to stream them. there is a link to the stream on the nchsaa website

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
RayRay
Senior Member




Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 11/15/17 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by csc8180

Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

Are the games on TWC Spectrum like in the past?



i think you have to stream them. there is a link to the stream on the nchsaa website


I should be able to make your game but I can't do all day...

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RayRay
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 343
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 11/15/17 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
tickets

https://gofan.co/app/events/12793

[Edited on 11/15/17 by csc8180]

[Edited on 11/15/17 by csc8180]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 343
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 11/15/17 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
I think the games can be streamed here:

Live Stream

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
Tecnico_CH17
Senior Member
a.k.a.
D Bizzle


Not a valid Image type

Posts 298
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 11/15/17 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
^Think the stream requires a subscription for services...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Tecnico_CH17
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
 
XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.1131890 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy