NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  11/22/17 05:12 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>
Author: Subject: NCFC teams - [43 Replies | 5032 Views]
soccerlovernc

Posts 252
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/21/17 at 09:53 AM Reply With Quote
NCFC teams

So how is the season going post-merger for RDU area teams? Any big changes, first impressions etc?
JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 186
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 07:32 AM Reply With Quote
I am not sure what this means but at the u12 2006 Boys divisions NCFC has half the teams playing in the East.
Open East 1 they have 6 out of the 9 teams
Open East 2 they have 6 out of the 10 teams
Second East 1 they have 4 out of the 10 teams
Second East 2 they have 3 out of the 9 teams
-
So in the brackets called East they have 19 out of the 38 teams. For a a lot of these teams their road games might all be at home. LOL

RayRay

Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
I think it's going to be a long year for their 2004 girls R3 and classic teams. I mean you took roughly 40 of your best players out of the pool with GDA and ECNL. Their 3rd and 4th teams are playing R3. 5th team is playing premier and so on. These other NC clubs that don't have GDA and/or ECNL will eat. This may have a negative snowball effect as relegation looms.
soccerlovernc

Posts 252
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 08:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ray -- Their third and fourth teams are essentially TFCA select and CASL black. I think they will be ok. There will be some tough matchups for sure but only time will tell.

Joanne -- That's actually pretty good. Less $$ down the drain for parents. LOl.

RayRay

Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by soccerlovernc

Ray -- Their third and fourth teams are essentially TFCA select and CASL black. I think they will be ok. There will be some tough matchups for sure but only time will tell.

Joanne -- That's actually pretty good. Less $$ down the drain for parents. LOl.

Yep that's what I thought. They will struggle big time in R3. TFCA Select played 2nd EAST division last year and Black finished next to last in top EAST division. Conceivably they are top 15-25 teams playing R3.

RayRay

Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
It reminds me of the 00 Alliance Boys about 3 years ago. They lost a lot of kids to CARA and TFCA DA in the off-season but decided to try R3 anyway. It was a disaster and the parents weren't happy about travelling to FL & GA to get their tails kicked. They can spend a whole lot less and do that right here in NC.
JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 186
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by JoanneT

I am not sure what this means but at the u12 2006 Boys divisions NCFC has half the teams playing in the East.
-
So in the brackets called East they have 19 out of the 38 teams. For a a lot of these teams their road games might all be at home. LOL

Five years ago the 4 teams from Second East 1 and the 3 teams from Second East 2 would have been in the same division. These seven teams would have played each other twice for a total of 12 games. All games at WRAL. Winner got the title of "Challenge Division Champion"

tokoli

Posts 139
Registered 6/14/12
North Carolina
Mebane

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:

-

A big part of that is the TUSA and Wake FC teams at that age pulling out of Classic.

Hokie

Posts 124
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
JoanneT - you are probably not that far from the truth.

RayRay - The NCFC 04 Elite Girls lost to Tennessee United, but beat GUSA Dynamo this past weekend, so maybe NCFC will be competitive after all in R3.

The 04 Elite team has 7 players who were formerly on CASL Red North and 3 players from former TFCA Alliance. The 04 Premier team has 2 former CASL Red North players, 3 former CASL Red South players, a couple from TFCA Alliance and TFCA Select, and 4 from CASL Black North. So it seems there is still talent there or at least players who have played for top teams in the past. Where I think you will see the biggest drop on the girls side will likely be the regional NCFC teams (Gold, White, etc.).

RayRay

Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

RayRay - The NCFC 04 Elite Girls lost to Tennessee United, but beat GUSA Dynamo this past weekend, so maybe NCFC will be competitive after all in R3.

The 04 Elite team has 7 players who were formerly on CASL Red North and 3 players from former TFCA Alliance. The 04 Premier team has 2 former CASL Red North players, 3 former CASL Red South players, a couple from TFCA Alliance and TFCA Select, and 4 from CASL Black North. So it seems there is still talent there or at least players who have played for top teams in the past. Where I think you will see the biggest drop on the girls side will likely be the regional NCFC teams (Gold, White, etc.).

7 players from their top team last year are on Elite? That's odd...

FutbolDad

Posts 17
Registered 12/11/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/22/17 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

Quote:

Junior Ladies team was above Red.

Hokie

Posts 124
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 05:49 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

Quote:

This looks to be an age group where former Alliance got the their fair share of kids moved to ECNL.

[Edited on 8/23/17 by Hokie]

BillWill922
a.k.a.
Bill Wilson

Posts 113
Registered 8/13/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 08:03 AM Reply With Quote
What is the proper order of their teams by color and rank?

Boys - (1) Academy, (2) Elite, (3) Premier, (4) - is it red, gold, white?? I know at this point it splits to North and South

Girls - (1) Academy, (2) ECNL, (3) Elite, (4) Premier - .... ?????

Hokie

Posts 124
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by BillWill922

What is the proper order of their teams by color and rank?

Boys - (1) Academy, (2) Elite, (3) Premier, (4) - is it red, gold, white?? I know at this point it splits to North and South

Girls - (1) Academy, (2) ECNL, (3) Elite, (4) Premier - .... ?????

After Premier the teams are divided among regions....region order is Gold, White, Red, Navy, Silver. Seems other clubs haven't figured out yet that NCFC Red is way down the ranks, whereas previous CASL Red teams were at the top.

Boys DA starts at U12 with academy teams in North and South through U14. Elite and Premier starts at U13 for boys and girls. Girls DA and ECNL start at U14.

fleihrr

Posts 72
Registered 5/20/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
There was a weekend recently where a bunch of teams from the Charlotte area came up to play 45 minute scrimmages against the new NCFC teams at multiple age groups and levels. For the 03 Girls, the Elite and Premier teams won almost all of the games they played. One of the CSA teams Premier beat will be in the same Region 3 division this year, so some basis for optimism that they will be competitive.

Interestingly, the Gold South team is playing Premier Division, while Gold North is playing 1st Division. I think Gold South is going to be a very good team, but they will be competing with a bunch of smaller clubs' #1 teams. If they do well it will show the depth of talent in this area.

shawnkocher
a.k.a.
Shawn Kocher

Posts 52
Registered 10/30/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 10:27 AM Reply With Quote
Here are a couple of the new names:

CASL Red = NCFC Elite
CASL Black = NCFC Premier

Not sure the other levels.

soccerlovernc

Posts 252
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
I know the 03 girls pool is very deep and I wont be surprised if premier finishes above elite with the coach and talent they got. I think most of those girls finished over alliance last year as select.

soccerlovernc

Posts 252
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 01:02 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:

Quote:

-

Five years ago the 4 teams from Second East 1 and the 3 teams from Second East 2 would have been in the same division. These seven teams would have played each other twice for a total of 12 games. All games at WRAL. Winner got the title of "Challenge Division Champion"

Hey...if parents are stupid enough to pony up the $$. You know with supplemental coaching and some yelling they too can play pro!!

JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 186
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 01:15 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by soccerlovernc

Quote:

Quote:

-

Hey...if parents are stupid enough to pony up the $$. You know with supplemental coaching and some yelling they too can play pro!!

For a lot of parents, not players, it doesn't end well. I see parents of high school juniors and seniors who won't let go of the dream ... their dream, not their kids dream ... of playing college soccer. They guide their kids to apply to colleges below their academic level in hopes of getting a scholarship. It's a bigger deal for the parents than the players.

RayRay

Posts 745
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 8/23/17 at 01:16 PM Reply With Quote
NCFC Elite will compete OK in R3 with teams like them---3rd team in a club with GDA and ECNL. Both teams will be watered down. The quality clubs sporting their top team will have their way with them. They are playing R3 but probably aren't the best classic team in the Triangle. Spend on, spend on...
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0769589 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy