NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  5/27/17 06:40 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: 2A Preliminary Brackets - [13 Replies | 1357 Views]
WestDavidsonFan

Posts 14
Registered 5/19/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/5/17 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
2A Preliminary Brackets

Does anyone want to take a guess on the 2A preliminary brackets?
WestDavidsonFan

Posts 14
Registered 5/19/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/5/17 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
I will give it a shot for 2A

1W Hendersonville
16MW West Stanly/South Stokes
8MW East Lincoln
9W R-S Central

5W East Rutherford
12MW Mt.Pleasant
4MW Parkwood
13W Maiden

3W Newton-Conover
14MW Madison
6MW Forbush (not sure who won the tie breaker)
11W Stuart Cramer

7W Linclnton
10MW CATA
2MW Trinity
15W East Burke

1MW Salisbury
16W Shelby
8W Owen
9MW Lexington

5MW Lake Norman Charter
12W Ashe County
4W Wilkes Central
13MW East Davidson

3MW West Stokes (Not sure about the tie breaker)
14W Brevard
6W Polk County
11MW Surry Central

7MW West Davidson
10W Franklin
2W Smoky Mountain
15MW Bunker Hill

I gave it a try. I am probably not even close!!!!

elhs23
a.k.a.
Jason Dragoon

Posts 37
Registered 2/1/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/7/17 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
I ran it today and so did cm from west stokes, we both have trinity going east, this moves the MW all up one level down to the 16. I had what you have initially but I am pretty sure trinity will go east based on the maxpreps

Forbush has the tie breaker

keeperpro

Posts 1
Registered 5/8/17

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/8/17 at 08:06 AM Reply With Quote
Mid west
1 Salisbury
2 Parkwood
3 Forbush
4 Lake Norman Charter
5 West Stokes
6 West Davidson
7 Lincolnton
8 East Lincoln
9 Lexington Senior
10 Central Academy of Technology and Arts
11 Mount Pleasant
12 Stuart Cramer
13 Maiden
14 East Davidson
15 West Stanly
16 Bunker Hill

west
1 Hendersonville
2 Smoky Mountain
3 Newton-Conover
4 Wilkes Central
5 East Rutherford
6 Polk County
7 Charles D. Owen
8 R-S Central
9 Ashe County
10 Franklin
11 Surry Central
12 Franklinton
13 Madison
14 East Burke
15 Brevard
16 Shelby

eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/8/17 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
How does Lexington get in front of East Davidson in seeding. They were 4th behind east in conference and were beaten twice by East?

Does the top 3 seeds from each conference no longer count as in the past?

squareball

Posts 32
Registered 11/4/11
Race City USA

Soccer Role:
Parent, reformed team manager

posted on 5/8/17 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Nope, that changed this year. Within each of the four regions, they now group:

1. Regular-season champions, by overall winning pct.
2. Conference tournament champions, by overall winning pct.
3. Everybody else, by overall winning percentage.

So unless you win the conference (or are the top team in your classification in a split conference) or the conference tournament, you get judged against everybody else by overall winning pct.

eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/10/17 at 04:04 PM Reply With Quote
In other words playing a tough schedule is for idiots unless they think its preparing them for some low seed miracle. Go play a bunch of church teams, 1A and doormats....get a high seed and host a playoff game.

I simply would not coach in NC......

At least I am not involved any more and do not have to take this personally. I hate it for the players and coaches. Most of all the parents.

[Edited on 5/10/17 by eagles]

eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/13/17 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
I knew the CCC wasn't holding much this year. Next year going to a 10 team conference. With North Davidson coming from 4A to 2A which allows them to bring along 12 seniors for next year,3 3A schools dropping back. It will be interesting. You won't see the same team or two at the top like we have. Superior coaching can only deflect so much.

I know who my call is for the finals from the East. In the west its between 2.....coin flip.

WestDavidsonFan

Posts 14
Registered 5/19/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/13/17 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
CCC

I thought the CCC did a pretty good job this year. Salisbury lost to a good CATA team 4-3 and West Davidson lost a tough game 1-0 at NC. Next year will be different and that is good. But I believe Salisbury and West Davidson represented the CCC really well this season. I wish all the other teams in the State Playoffs the best of luck!!!
eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/13/17 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
No need beating a dead horse but the CCC girls have not made it past the 2nd round for the most part in YEARS. Maybe one or two here and there to the 3rd and a few years back Salisbury and when Central Davidson was still in the conference did make the 4th. If you would compare that to our neighbors from the north who fairly often have 2-3 teams in the 3-5th rds and have had a team in the championship game for 3 years running its rather self explanatory as to my comments. They play among themselves in the later rounds. As I mentioned some schools with decent coaches are coming in, schools that care far more about soccer in general which I hope spurs a little bit of interest in our schools. Its not always a lack of talent or desire on the kids or parents but pathetic athletic departments as to where the issue is.

The CCC is a Davidson and Rowan County based league. Davidson County has NO junior high soccer. One of the few counties in the state without one. The club predominant in the county is weak at best. I personally took my daughter out of it to play in far far better circumstances and with competent coaches. Many others did as well. Soccer is treated like a ugly red headed step child for the most part in well over half the counties schools. Good coaching at West has made a tremendous difference. They are a SMALL 2A school. Central also is fortunate to have a long term coach who is getting in some great talent. Ledford after some turmoil has begun to bounce back. North has always been the pool of untapped talent. They are close to Winston Salem and enjoy the advantage of the club program there. Hopefully they can hire a new coach and turn things around after the debacle there this past season. East has lost its long time coach after a one year return where he took a woefully undermanned squad to 2nd in the league(last year) The girls are on their own now. Trust me. You don't put a coach on the sidelines just because the AD wants a woman coach. That's why half the coaches at East have left this year. Incompetence at the top. Salisbury has always had great coaching and support. Its evident in the boys championships they have won. For the last 5 years its really been a West, East and Salisbury show. That is positively going to change for different reason;s as I have mentioned. Hope no one took my earlier comments as bashing. After rereading the they were harshly worded. I was wrong to do that. I could easily compare talent levels,speed and coaching from past years then look at it objectively to what was going on this year. It was simply a down year.

[Edited on 5/14/17 by eagles]

WestDavidsonFan

Posts 14
Registered 5/19/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/14/17 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
CCC

I totally understand everything you are saying. Next year will be different. Forbush, Lake Norman Charter, and West Stokes will still be the class of the field in the West. Carboro (East) is just in a different league and Forbush has done a tremendous job competing with them in the state championship the last two years.

When you look at the number of students for each school that will be in the CCC next year it is crazy. This entire league was created off of estimated numbers (money). When certain schools have more boys than certain school have students it is unfair. It is always a numbers game. 1400 is a lot different than 700. Everyone will see over the next 4 years the number of students will pay off. Then all those schools (Oak Grove, North Davidson, Central Davidson, Ledford, and maybe East) will create a 3A league. One or two of those schools may go to 4A. We are not crying about it but it is what it is. Most of the 2A schools in this conference have 18 girls tryout for soccer. The new schools coming in have 40 plus kids come out. Still at the end of the day everything will go through the other conferences in the state playoffs. We will still go out and compete and do our best and represent Davidson and Rowan Counties the best we can.

eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/18/17 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
True to form and as past discussions indicated the 2A is rumbling towards it inevitable finish.

Carboro, West Stokes and Forbush still advance.

I will take Clinton/Carboro and West Stokes/Forbush for the semi's.

One team has allowed what 6 goals this year? You win with defense. Again.

I am not/was not convinced the West teams are as good as the last few years as well. After what happened to Trinity it confirmed it somewhat. (Trinity sits on the line and primarily plays in the west)

[Edited on 5/18/17 by eagles]

[Edited on 5/18/17 by eagles]

eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/21/17 at 08:49 AM Reply With Quote
Looks like I blew it on 2 of those. I did have concern with Forbush being beat this year by a 1A school and Clinton having to beat Dixon again.

Still got my main race horse in the mix...see how this goes.

eagles

Posts 101
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/24/17 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
The two most recent past 2A champs go at it for the buckle.....hard call.

I didn't call it but this was my two picks from the start. That will be a entertaining game....

IF I HAD to put money on it.... I would not bet.....

[Edited on 5/24/17 by eagles]

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0605850 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy