NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  8/17/17 12:58 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: 4A Spring Preliminary Brackets - [130 Replies | 8369 Views]
soccer_dad1862
Senior Member




Posts 276
Registered 1/9/12
Usa
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/13/17 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
4A Spring Preliminary Brackets

To get us started. AS of 4/13/2017

VERY Early look (not taking account into moving a couple teams e/w)

4A East/Mideast
EAST
1 Wakefield 1.000
2 Hoggard 0.857
3 Clayton 0.833
4 New Bern 0.688
5 EA Laney 0.867
6 Millbrook 0.846
7 West Johnston 0.821
8 JH Rose 0.679
9 Ashley 0.792
10 DH Conley 0.600
11 Rolesville 0.333
12 Heritage 0.625
13 East Wake 0.542
14 Wake Forest 0.500
15 Broughton 0.500
16 New Hanover 0.500

MIDEAST
1 Green Hope 1.000
2 Cardinal Gibbons 0.893
3 Pine Forest 0.857
4 Pincrest 0.643
5 Jack Britt 0.833
6 Middle Creek 0.692
7 East Chapel Hill 0.636
8 Lumberton 0.536
9 Leesville Rd 0.821
10 Overhills 0.750
11 Richmond 0.750
12 Panther Creek 0.727
13 Jordan 0.438
14 Holly Springs 0.625
15 Purnell Swett 0.563
16 Northern 0.550


4A West/Midwest
WEST
1 Hough 0.962
2 Myers Park 0.889
3 TC Roberson 0.769
4 Watauga 0.727
5 Ardrey Kell 0.700
6 Porter Ridge 0.844
7 Char Catholic 0.813
8 Providence 0.750
9 S Caldwell 0.636
10 Independence 0.600
11 Hopewell 0.462
12 Olympic 0.700
13 N Mecklenburg 0.500
14 S Mecklenburg 0.458
15 Harding 0.444
16 McDowell 0.409

MIDWEST
1 W. Forsyth 0.969
2 Grimsley 0.900
3 Lake Norman 0.750
4 NW Guilford 0.654
5 S. Alamance 0.909
6 Mallard Creek 0.667
7 Page 0.917
8 SW Guilford 0.750
9 Mooresville 0.692
10 E Forsyth 0.625
11 RJ Reynolds 0.607
12 Reagan 0.607
13 Mt Tabor 0.607
14 SE Guilford 0.464
15 N Davidson 0.423
16 AL Brown 0.406


[Edited on 4/13/17 by soccer_dad1862]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U soccer_dad1862
futbolfutbol
Member




Posts 97
Registered 5/1/16
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/13/17 at 08:24 PM Reply With Quote
And my kids laugh at my state cupology spreadsheet...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U futbolfutbol
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 272
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 4/17/17 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
Here is what i get as of now in the West/Midwest (some assumptions made about teams that are IN right now but have not made playoffs in years). It is real early and there are a lot of important games left for a lot of teams.

WEST

1 Hough (1)
2 MP (1)
3 TCR (1)
4 LKN (1)
5 Watauga (1)
6 AK (1)
7 Catholic
8 Providence
9 Mooresville
10 Olympic
11 Mallard Creek
12 South Caldwell
13 Independence
14 North Meck
15 Hopewell
16 South Meck

Midwest

1 West Forsyth (1)
2 Southern Alamance (1)
3 NWG (1)
4 Pinecrest (1)
5 Page
6 Grimsley
7 Porter Ridge
8 Britt
9 SWG
10 Richmond
11 ECH
12 East Forsyth
13 RJR
14 Tabor
15 Reagen
16 SEG

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
RedmanU
Junior Member




Posts 59
Registered 9/7/16
France
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/17/17 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Lots of soccer still left to play and like said some important games left to play. Especially on the east side of the state with some tough conferences and teams left to play each other... (greenhope, wakefield, millbrook, leesville all have tough games left vs. each other...

East winner would be any one of those teams not to mention Cardinal Gibbons etc... The Raleigh area is very strong this year and could go to anyone in Raleigh area...

[Edited on 4/17/17 by RedmanU]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RedmanU
Das
Junior Member




Posts 60
Registered 6/16/16
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/17/17 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
How do the seedings work this year? I was under the impression that only the first place team from each conference were locked in, and every thing else comes from at large bids based on the overall win/loss pct. Is there still a hierarchy of conference placement? IE, there are a few teams in our conference that played really soft out of conference opponents to start the year strong. If a team finishes above one of those teams in conference standings, but has a lower win percentage, who gets the next bid? I know there were some changes to the way seedings are decided this year, and I was just curious how it works out.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Das
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 272
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 4/17/17 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Das

How do the seedings work this year? I was under the impression that only the first place team from each conference were locked in, and every thing else comes from at large bids based on the overall win/loss pct. Is there still a hierarchy of conference placement? IE, there are a few teams in our conference that played really soft out of conference opponents to start the year strong. If a team finishes above one of those teams in conference standings, but has a lower win percentage, who gets the next bid? I know there were some changes to the way seedings are decided this year, and I was just curious how it works out.



i posted my brackets using the same criteria for boys.

top 64 teams by winning percentage get in. then you divide into regions by longitude. 1st place teams get 1 seeds (this includes top finishers in split conferences). everyone else is a wildcard

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 272
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 4/19/17 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
As of 4/19 - some assumptions were made regarding the final teams in (harding is in now but will likely lose their remaining 7 or 8 games)


WEST

1 Hough (1)
2 MP (1)
3 Ctholic (1)
4 LKN (1)
5 TCR (1)
6 Watauga (1)
7 Providece
8 Mooresville
9 Olympic
10 AK
11 Couth Caldwell
12 Mallard Creek
13 South Meck
14 North Meck
15 East MEck
16 Hopewell

Midwest

1 West Forsyth (1)
2 Southern Alamance (1)
3 NWG (1)
4 Pinecrest (1)
5 Page
6 Grimsley
7 Porter Ridge
8 SWG
9 Richmond
10 East Forsyth
11 ECH
12 RJR
13 INDY
14 Tabor
15 Reagen
16 Swett

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
Das
Junior Member




Posts 60
Registered 6/16/16
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/20/17 at 06:15 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by csc8180

i posted my brackets using the same criteria for boys.

top 64 teams by winning percentage get in. then you divide into regions by longitude. 1st place teams get 1 seeds (this includes top finishers in split conferences). everyone else is a wildcard



That's what I thought. It seems that this would encourage playing the worst teams you can out of conference. IE, my daughters team has one of the worst overall win percentages in their conference simply because every single one of their out of conference games are against CAP8 teams. The other teams in the conference all went out east and played and easily beat those teams. some of the teams we beat in conference rather easily have higher overall win percentages. In the grand scheme of things it really doesn't matter, but it would be fun for the girls to at have the experience. As a fan, I'd much rather watch a close OOC game (even a loss) than a 9-0 blowout to a team that can barely kick a ball.

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Das
RedmanU
Junior Member




Posts 59
Registered 9/7/16
France
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/20/17 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
This seeding based on win percentage makes no sense. there has to be a better way. I have seen teams whose schedule has 8 or 9 wins with 9-0 scores and they will be ranked better than teams who are good but play a challenging schedule. You have schools "ducking" to play competitive games cause going to hurt their overall record and possible seeding for a home game etc... Have heard this one before, So what does a school do if they cant find other schools to play them because they might lose... end up just playing a conference schedule cause cant get out of conference games

[Edited on 4/20/17 by RedmanU]

[Edited on 4/20/17 by RedmanU]

[Edited on 4/20/17 by RedmanU]

[Edited on 4/20/17 by RedmanU]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RedmanU
CH Pirate Soccer
Member




Posts 130
Registered 2/10/07
Greatbritain
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/20/17 at 12:44 PM Reply With Quote
Conference champions are automatic and seeded by overall winning percentage. Any conference tournament champions that did not win their conference would be seeded next by their overall winning percentage. After that the rest of the 64 slots would be filled by wildcards based on overall winning percentage. Once the 64 are determined then you divide east/ mideast/ west/ midwest.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U CH Pirate Soccer
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 272
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 4/20/17 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
it will be even more fun if rumors are true and they drop the 4a plqyoff qualifiers down to 40 from 64. Then you will really see some scheduling cupcakes.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
soccer_dad1862
Senior Member




Posts 276
Registered 1/9/12
Usa
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/20/17 at 04:00 PM Reply With Quote
Big weekend in the West... Hough v West Forsyth Friday, West Forsyth vs Myers Park on Sat...
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U soccer_dad1862
csc8180
Senior Member




Posts 272
Registered 11/7/10
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:
MASTER OF THE TOE POKE

posted on 4/21/17 at 07:04 AM Reply With Quote
AS OF 4/21


WEST

1 Hough (1)
2 MP (1)
3 Ctholic (1)
4 LKN (1)
5 TCR (1)
6 Watauga (1)
7 Providece
8 Olympic
9 Mooresville
10 AK
11 South Caldwell
12 Mallard Creek
13 North Meck
14 South Meck
15 East Meck
16 Harding

Midwest

1 West Forsyth (1)
2 Southern Alamance (1)
3 NWG (1)
4 Pinecrest (1)
5 Page
6 Grimsley
7 Porter Ridge
8 SWG
9 Richmond
10 East Forsyth
11 Indy
12 Tabor
13 RJR
14 Swett
15 Reagen
16 Butler

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U csc8180
RedmanU
Junior Member




Posts 59
Registered 9/7/16
France
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 09:08 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by CH Pirate Soccer

Conference champions are automatic and seeded by overall winning percentage. Any conference tournament champions that did not win their conference would be seeded next by their overall winning percentage. After that the rest of the 64 slots would be filled by wildcards based on overall winning percentage. Once the 64 are determined then you divide east/ mideast/ west/ midwest.




So you can have a 2nd place team in a conference get a bad seed and the 3rd place team will have a better seed in playoffs because they have played a "cupcake" schedule and have more wins?? makes sense to me...

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RedmanU
Das
Junior Member




Posts 60
Registered 6/16/16
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
The 2 teams below us in our conference have higher win percentages simply because they scheduled really really bad opponents out of conference. At the same time our conference is pretty awful to begin with, and probably doesn't' deserve to have more than 1 or 2 teams in the playoffs anyway.
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U Das
RedmanU
Junior Member




Posts 59
Registered 9/7/16
France
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
what is the latest east out look
View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RedmanU
CH Pirate Soccer
Member




Posts 130
Registered 2/10/07
Greatbritain
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 12:21 PM Reply With Quote
Yes. Or a 3rd place team could make the playoffs because their overall winning percentage is better than the 2nd place team and the 2nd place team not even make the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally posted by RedmanU

Quote:
Originally posted by CH Pirate Soccer

Conference champions are automatic and seeded by overall winning percentage. Any conference tournament champions that did not win their conference would be seeded next by their overall winning percentage. After that the rest of the 64 slots would be filled by wildcards based on overall winning percentage. Once the 64 are determined then you divide east/ mideast/ west/ midwest.




So you can have a 2nd place team in a conference get a bad seed and the 3rd place team will have a better seed in playoffs because they have played a "cupcake" schedule and have more wins?? makes sense to me...


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U CH Pirate Soccer
soccer_dad1862
Senior Member




Posts 276
Registered 1/9/12
Usa
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 01:36 PM Reply With Quote
Took my shot at the East for you (just my best guess, someone will probably shoot it down though)

EAST
1 Hoggard(1) 0.882
2 West Johnston(1) 0.853
3 New Bern(1) 0.706
4 Jack Britt 0.842
5 EA Laney 0.824
6 Clayton 0.821
7 Ashley 0.821
8 JH Rose 0.700
9 DH Conley 0.625
10 Garner Magnet 0.625
11 New Hanover 0.500
12 Knightdale 0.438
13 East Wake 0.433
14 Wake Forest 0.429
15 Broughton 0.429
16 South Central 0.417

MIDEAST
1 Wakefield(1) 1.000
2 Green Hope(1) 1.000
3 Cardinal Gibbons(1) 0.893
4 Pine Forest (1) 0.833
5 Millbrook 0.867
6 Leesville Rd 0.853
7 Overhills 0.750
8 Panther Creek 0.750
9 Middle Creek 0.733
10 East Chapel Hill 0.700
11 Northern 0.625
12 Holly Springs 0.600
13 Heritage 0.567
14 Fuquay-Varina 0.472
15 Sanderson 0.469
16 Apex 0.462


[Edited on 4/21/17 by soccer_dad1862]

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U soccer_dad1862
trl64
Junior Member




Posts 13
Registered 5/2/16
North Carolina
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I am trying to figure out this East and Mid East thing. As an example below, wouldn't Jack Britt be further west longitudinally than Wakefield. I guess what I am asking is how do you determine who is in the East and who is in the Mid East?

Quote:
Originally posted by soccer_dad1862

Took my shot at the East for you (just my best guess, someone will probably shoot it down though)

EAST
1 Hoggard(1) 0.882
2 West Johnston(1) 0.853
3 New Bern(1) 0.706
4 Jack Britt 0.842
5 EA Laney 0.824
6 Clayton 0.821
7 Ashley 0.821
8 JH Rose 0.700
9 DH Conley 0.625
10 Garner Magnet 0.625
11 New Hanover 0.500
12 Knightdale 0.438
13 East Wake 0.433
14 Wake Forest 0.429
15 Broughton 0.429
16 South Central 0.417

MIDEAST
1 Wakefield(1) 1.000
2 Green Hope(1) 1.000
3 Cardinal Gibbons(1) 0.893
4 Pine Forest (1) 0.833
5 Millbrook 0.867
6 Leesville Rd 0.853
7 Overhills 0.750
8 Panther Creek 0.750
9 Middle Creek 0.733
10 East Chapel Hill 0.700
11 Northern 0.625
12 Holly Springs 0.600
13 Heritage 0.567
14 Fuquay-Varina 0.472
15 Sanderson 0.469
16 Apex 0.462


[Edited on 4/21/17 by soccer_dad1862]


View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U trl64
RedmanU
Junior Member




Posts 59
Registered 9/7/16
France
Member Is Offline

Soccer Role:


posted on 4/21/17 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by CH Pirate Soccer

Yes. Or a 3rd place team could make the playoffs because their overall winning percentage is better than the 2nd place team and the 2nd place team not even make the playoffs.
Quote:
Originally posted by RedmanU

Quote:
Originally posted by CH Pirate Soccer

Conference champions are automatic and seeded by overall winning percentage. Any conference tournament champions that did not win their conference would be seeded next by their overall winning percentage. After that the rest of the 64 slots would be filled by wildcards based on overall winning percentage. Once the 64 are determined then you divide east/ mideast/ west/ midwest.




So you can have a 2nd place team in a conference get a bad seed and the 3rd place team will have a better seed in playoffs because they have played a "cupcake" schedule and have more wins?? makes sense to me...






Wow, what a joke of a way to go out if that's true. Finish better in a the conference than another team that make playoffs. Why isn't strength of schedule ever used???

View User's Profile View All Posts By User U2U RedmanU
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
 
XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.1383579 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy