NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  5/27/17 06:41 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>
Author: Subject: IDF International Trip - [26 Replies | 2170 Views]
whats_with_the_hate

Posts 6
Registered 10/18/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/31/17 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
IDF International Trip

Inter Development Futbol (IDF) embark on a trip to Iceland and England to play Professional Academy teams like Manchester City:

http://idfutbol.com/idf-provides-international-experience/

[Edited on 3/31/17 by whats_with_the_hate]

[Edited on 3/31/17 by whats_with_the_hate]

soccerlovernc

Posts 189
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/3/17 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
Yes that article has been circulated throughout by overeager parents and certain coaches all over the triangle.

I had a friend that sent her kid on one such trip. These are basically cultural exchange and kicking around trips. These kids that IDF will play are usually local school kids that MCFC has sponsorship deals with for charitable purposes or teams created by these agents to accommodate parents willing to pay $$$ wearing MCFC jerseys because the club will get a club.

However, to be fair, some of the smaller teams they will play are legit competition.

The Cynic

Posts 346
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/3/17 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe they can hook up with some hot Icelandic babes and go for a dip in a thermal pool.

PUKSoccer

Not a valid Image type

Posts 5
Registered 4/3/17
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/3/17 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
Any international traveling experience will be worthwhile for a player with college aspirations. We have had players travel to West Ham and Wolves in the past and came back with an appreciation for how different the game can be. The UK especially, where referees are a lot more lenient with challenges than most other countries.
beautifulgame

Posts 23
Registered 5/20/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/3/17 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
You won't find a finer group of young men. Looks like they are off to a great start on their trek. http://idfutbol.com/idf-players-learning-to-cope-with-adversity/
Liverpoolfan9

Posts 114
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:
Kid's bankroll

posted on 4/4/17 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Does this club train in Mebane? Or what location(s) does this club serve?
beautifulgame

Posts 23
Registered 5/20/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/5/17 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
They mostly train in and around the Cary/Morrisville area. Kids in the club are from all over the Triangle.
Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 278
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 4/5/17 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
I was looking at their juniors set up, for information for my 6yr old. Was SHOCKED at what they are charging for a year for 6-9yr olds. Maybe when he's 10-14 it'll be a bit more affordable. I'll keep taking him to pickup with me and let him play and have fun for now.
MySonsPlay

Posts 512
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/5/17 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

I was looking at their juniors set up, for information for my 6yr old. Was SHOCKED at what they are charging for a year for 6-9yr olds. Maybe when he's 10-14 it'll be a bit more affordable. I'll keep taking him to pickup with me and let him play and have fun for now.

He is SIX YEARS OLD, man time flys

Hope all is well

whats_with_the_hate

Posts 6
Registered 10/18/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/17/17 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by MySonsPlay

Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

He is SIX YEARS OLD, man time flys

Hope all is well

IDF believes that this age is prime if you want to teach the fundamentals of futbol. My son started training with IDF when he was 7 years old along with a group of 4 or 5 other TADL kids. These kids are currently ranked #1 in NC by SincSports (2005 agegroup) and there is no doubt it is because of the coaching they received at that age and onwards. Highly recommend the training even at that age. It will serve them well when they are older.

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 278
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 5/19/17 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I get that this is the prime age to teach fundamentals of anything, whether it's futbol, problem solving, language, manner, etc. I just can't wrap my head around spending $1435 (10 months x$100, $250 annunal membership?, $125 for jerseys and $60 coaches equipment) for a 6/7 year old. I counted 16 kids in the NextGen picture, also wondering what $960 worth of equipment looks like. Maybe I'm just reading the information available on the website incorrectly...

Anyway, I am open to every possible option for my son to play, learn and grow. Just trying to navigate the ever-changing landscape, and I've been doing this for a long time. It's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay different as a parent. lol.

numbersguy
a.k.a.
Daddy Warbucks

Posts 16
Registered 4/27/17

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/20/17 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
The womb is the ideal stage for training fundamentals. Come on people, come back to earth. Don't believe the hype LOL. $1500 for WHAT?
whats_with_the_hate

Posts 6
Registered 10/18/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/17 at 11:01 AM Reply With Quote
If you think it's too expensive then don't come. When we were at TFC in TADL, we paid pretty much the same for 7 months of training, the kids had to bring their own soccer balls (IDF provides premier soccer balls at over $60 a pop), a t-shirt for training (IDF provides proper jerseys) and vastly inferior training. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for so stick with the mega-clubs and let them stick it to you with an inferior product.

[Edited on 5/22/17 by whats_with_the_hate]

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 278
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 5/22/17 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
LOL. Got it. Sounds like an exclusive club. Good luck!
soccerlovernc

Posts 189
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/17 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
IDF can charge whatever they want. The market will decide what they are worth. However, comparing TADL to IDF is just plain stupid. And the cost of TADL was $450 I think when my kids played there. The coaches were fantastic. My kids were trained by two coaches that are now prominently featured by NCFC. But the talent level was very uneven.

My biggest issue with IDF is that they call themselves a developmental league yet kids don't get to play on game days. I suppose the spares could kick their premier soccer balls around while the other kids play games.

RayRay

Posts 625
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/17 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by whats_with_the_hate

If you think it's too expensive then don't come. When we were at TFC in TADL, we paid pretty much the same for 7 months of training, the kids had to bring their own soccer balls (IDF provides premier soccer balls at over $60 a pop), a t-shirt for training (IDF provides proper jerseys) and vastly inferior training. As the saying goes, you get what you pay for so stick with the mega-clubs and let them stick it to you with an inferior product.

Thanks Coach

RayRay

Posts 625
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/17 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by soccerlovernc

IDF can charge whatever they want. The market will decide what they are worth. However, comparing TADL to IDF is just plain stupid. And the cost of TADL was $450 I think when my kids played there. The coaches were fantastic. My kids were trained by two coaches that are now prominently featured by NCFC. But the talent level was very uneven.

My biggest issue with IDF is that they call themselves a developmental league yet kids don't get to play on game days. I suppose the spares could kick their premier soccer balls around while the other kids play games.

It's Kool Aid but on a Jim Jones Guyana kinda level

numbersguy
a.k.a.
Daddy Warbucks

Posts 16
Registered 4/27/17

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/17 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by whats_with_the_hate

I didn't know I was invited, but no thanks :-)
If your response is indicative of the club's attitude, then you are clearly getting your money's worth and are drinking the kool aid with a beer bong. Do the odds your kid gets a scholarship or plays pro go up at IDF relative to various academies and clubs in the same area? If not, then you are paying that price for a club with no facilities and one guy at the top coaching.

[Edited on 5/22/17 by numbersguy]

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 278
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 5/22/17 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
Did not mean for this to become an attack IDF or the people involved thread.

I am glad that the players and families involved with IDF are enjoying the experience and the international trip was a success. All the best!

DirtyCleatsDad

Posts 58
Registered 3/22/13
Usa
Cary

Soccer Role:
Cleats cleaner. Chauffeur

posted on 5/22/17 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
"Do the odds your kid gets a scholarship or plays pro go up at IDF relative to various academies and clubs in the same area? If not, then you are paying that price for a club with no facilities and one guy at the top coaching"(numbersdad)
Mmm actually they have. I'm not defending IDF, but the odds are pretty good. I think it's safe to say the product the kids receive, who participate with IDF, is outstanding. it is the method and overall process that many here do not like(I'm not going to rehash, but you can did posts in previous threads).

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0699689 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy