NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  8/17/17 12:58 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Piedmont International University looking for women's soccer players - [9 Replies | 889 Views]
coachsalamone
a.k.a.
Mike Salamone

Posts 8
Registered 3/29/17
North Carolina
Greensboro

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/29/17 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
Piedmont International University looking for women's soccer players

I am Mike Salamone and I am our women's soccer head coach for Piedmont International University. I am looking for women soccer players who are highly competitive to join our new fantastic women's soccer team.

Women's Head Soccer Coach

Mike Salamone
Cell 860-946-9747

[Edited on 4/1/17 by coachsalamone]

[Edited on 4/2/17 by coachsalamone]

Attachment: AFC COLLEGIATE PROGRAM MAIN 1.jpg (338.56kb)
This file has been downloaded 0 times

BillWill922
a.k.a.
Bill Wilson

Posts 106
Registered 8/13/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/29/17 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Let me see if I understand. My son/daughter didn't get an offer to play D1-3 college soccer as a senior, possibly because he/she simply isn't talented enough. So I should enroll them in online classes or at Piedmont International University, a private bible college in Winston-Salem, for a year while he/she plays soccer against local university club teams. And somehow college coaches will discover him/her at these soccer games, again playing against club teams, and offer him/her a scholarship. Do I have this correct or did I miss something?

Also, in your username, you misspelled "Coach" as "Caoch".

For anyone who is even remotely considering this, first google "North Carolina Sports University" also known as "Forest Trail Sports University". Their story sounds the same as this, except the corporate name has changed. At one point Forest Trail's website was actually working and listed a full soccer schedule for 2016, that never materialized.

[Edited on 3/29/17 by BillWill922]

coachsalamone
a.k.a.
Mike Salamone

Posts 8
Registered 3/29/17
North Carolina
Greensboro

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/30/17 at 08:14 AM Reply With Quote
Bill, yes your son or daughter who didn't get an offer to play D1-3 sport can enroll in our program and train with their specific sport and play against D1-3 collegiate club teams in a game scheduled season along with games against D1-3 colleges.

Our men's baseball team played against Limestone College which is an NCAA D2 school and also played against Davidson College which is a NCAA D1 college. Our main schedule will be against D1 club teams which gives our athletes an enormous amount of exposure to higher level schools. This being said, yes our student athletes can be seen by higher level college recruiters and that being said, our program has successfully helped many student athletes to achieve their dreams by receiving scholarships to universities and colleges in their sport along with a few that went to play professionally.

Yes each athlete is required to take college courses whether it's at Piedmont International University which is currently in the NCCAA division and happens to be ranked #5 in small colleges in NC. PIU is continuing to grow and in the near future is looking to move to NCAA . Our students can enroll in online classes from another college and university and will be monitored by by AFC staff as we take our students academics seriously as well as everyday life and being mentors.

Yes AFC and Forest Trails has the same concept and Forest Trails actually shut down and closed and I believe they have to be off their campus sometime mid May. I am not sure why though. Actually ESPN is in the process of doing a documentary which I believe will be aired on April 8th and will explain the story between AFC and Forest Trails and going forward is considering doing a movie on AFC and has been following our baseball team over the past few months. ESPN believes in AFC and that our academy is going to be very successful and continue to grow.

[Edited on 3/30/17 by coachsalamone]

The Cynic

Posts 347
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/1/17 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
In addition to not being able to spell his own "profession"(caoch), he also cannot spell the name of the school "Peidmont".

Hilarious.

coachsalamone
a.k.a.
Mike Salamone

Posts 8
Registered 3/29/17
North Carolina
Greensboro

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/2/17 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
Great catch Cynic, I guess that's what I get for using my iphone, I appreciate it.
futbolfutbol

Posts 97
Registered 5/1/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/2/17 at 04:56 PM Reply With Quote
The grammar nazis are on the loose, must be a slow weekend on the pitch.
coachsalamone
a.k.a.
Mike Salamone

Posts 8
Registered 3/29/17
North Carolina
Greensboro

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/3/17 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Tell me about it
BillWill922
a.k.a.
Bill Wilson

Posts 106
Registered 8/13/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/14/17 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by coachsalamone

Bill, yes your son or daughter who didn't get an offer to play D1-3 sport can enroll in our program and train with their specific sport and play against D1-3 collegiate club teams in a game scheduled season along with games against D1-3 colleges.

Our men's baseball team played against Limestone College which is an NCAA D2 school and also played against Davidson College which is a NCAA D1 college. Our main schedule will be against D1 club teams which gives our athletes an enormous amount of exposure to higher level schools. This being said, yes our student athletes can be seen by higher level college recruiters and that being said, our program has successfully helped many student athletes to achieve their dreams by receiving scholarships to universities and colleges in their sport along with a few that went to play professionally.

Yes each athlete is required to take college courses whether it's at Piedmont International University which is currently in the NCCAA division and happens to be ranked #5 in small colleges in NC. PIU is continuing to grow and in the near future is looking to move to NCAA . Our students can enroll in online classes from another college and university and will be monitored by by AFC staff as we take our students academics seriously as well as everyday life and being mentors.

Yes AFC and Forest Trails has the same concept and Forest Trails actually shut down and closed and I believe they have to be off their campus sometime mid May. I am not sure why though. Actually ESPN is in the process of doing a documentary which I believe will be aired on April 8th and will explain the story between AFC and Forest Trails and going forward is considering doing a movie on AFC and has been following our baseball team over the past few months. ESPN believes in AFC and that our academy is going to be very successful and continue to grow.

[Edited on 3/30/17 by coachsalamone]

I hope this wasn't the article you were thinking about

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/19136428/the-downfall-america-first-sport-only-college

coachsalamone
a.k.a.
Mike Salamone

Posts 8
Registered 3/29/17
North Carolina
Greensboro

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/23/17 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Yes and what a story that Athletes For College took Forest Trails Baseball team to success after the horrible nightmares these baseball players encountered and now this baseball team is now Piedmont International University men's baseball team. That's the incredible story about what AFC did for those baseball players.

JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 167
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/23/17 at 11:54 AM Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally posted by coachsalamone

Yes and what a story that Athletes For College took Forest Trails Baseball team to success after the horrible nightmares these baseball players encountered and now this baseball team is now Piedmont International University men's baseball team. That's the incredible story about what AFC did for those baseball players.

That story isn't so much about Piedmont International as it is about Forest Trail.

In any event, good luck to you, you'll need it.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0598152 seconds, 18 queries

Our Privacy Policy