NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  12/18/17 01:20 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Girls Development Academy (GDA) - Updated ID Sessions and Date - [18 Replies | 3260 Views]
GirlsCapitalAreaRailhawks

Posts 1
Registered 2/21/17

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/23/17 at 10:49 AM
Girls Development Academy (GDA) - Updated ID Sessions and Date

After hearing from many families and due to the ODP Inter-Regional event this weekend, the CA Railhawks' Girls' Development Academy ID Sessions have been moved to March 5th to allow any players interested in attending the opportunity to do so.

The goal of these sessions is for players of high quality and potential to be evaluated by the Academy Staff amongst other quality players within their own age group.

These sessions will be for non-CASL registered players.

Also please remember that any player interested in taking part in the ID session MUST sign up via the Jot form link below in order to take part in the session

ID Session Registration - https://form.jotform.com/70253847424154

Updated Information/Presentation-http://www.capitalarearailhawks.com/Default.aspx?tabid=922237

All Updates will be on the Capital Area Railhawks website as well as through the Capital Area Railhawks Twitter account: @CARailhawksAcad

If you are an older player and would like the GDA staff to come watch your daughters HS game, please email us with the schedule and the number your daughter wears on her Varsity team and we will do our best to come and observe.

Thanks again for your interest in our program

Any questions please feel free to reach out to: girlscapitalarearailhawks@gmail.com

Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 303
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 2/23/17 at 11:21 AM
Wait. They will come and watch a HS game? So, place some level of importance on it, while not allowing further participation should the player be selected? Just making sure I'm reading this correctly...
soccermonty69

Posts 96
Registered 5/8/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/23/17 at 11:53 AM
Same for ODP. Why move it based on an ODP event when you won't be playing in it any longer. Academy will further make ODP obsolete. Certainly for any sort of National Identification. Further, this open ID call is for NON-CASL girls anyway so why move it for maybe a few that are left playing ODP that could possibly make Academy from the Raleigh area?
Das

Posts 71
Registered 6/16/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/23/17 at 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

Wait. They will come and watch a HS game? So, place some level of importance on it, while not allowing further participation should the player be selected? Just making sure I'm reading this correctly...

That was my first thought as well. They'll come see how good a player does for their school only to tell them they won't be able to play for school next year, heh. At the same time, it's a pretty easy way to judge talent, especially if they have a couple girls to look at that may be playing with/against each other. It's a little late in the game though now. Most likely they're just going to move up the CASL ECNL teams, and bump up all the classic teams one notch.

pitchperfect

Posts 8
Registered 4/19/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/23/17 at 12:47 PM

If CASL does the above then the 99/00 DA team would have at least nine 2001 players playing up as I believe the current roster for CASL ECNL 00 has at least 9 younger players. With the DA policy of rarely playing up and the domino effect shouldn't there be some significant team changes?

[Edited on 2/23/17 by pitchperfect]

JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 186
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/23/17 at 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Das

Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

That was my first thought as well. They'll come see how good a player does for their school only to tell them they won't be able to play for school next year, heh. At the same time, it's a pretty easy way to judge talent, especially if they have a couple girls to look at that may be playing with/against each other. It's a little late in the game though now. Most likely they're just going to move up the CASL ECNL teams, and bump up all the classic teams one notch.

While truth to the statement in post regarding lots of girls currently playing up in ECNL at CASL, the quoted post above is mostly true. Move the CASL ECNL players to Academy and highest CASL classic team members to ECNL. In prior years many players from other clubs have come to CASL to play ECNL, so a good deal, not all, of talent is already at CASL.

CASL does a good job of local talent evaluation already and probably has their CASL Academy rosters filled out for the most part.

pitchperfect

Posts 8
Registered 4/19/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/23/17 at 04:08 PM
Totally agree JoanneT, the girls DA will be comprised largely of current CASL ECNL girls. My question is will the current ECNL teams see a significant roster change due to age "regrouping?" The 00 ECNL team is currently a mix of 00/01 girls and the new DA set up will split that group into 00/99 and 01/02 teams.
Das

Posts 71
Registered 6/16/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/24/17 at 09:45 AM
Great year to tryout for classic if you're a challenge player at CASL, since they'll need to fill a whole new team. The silver teams were barely competitive last year. Can you imagine what they'll be like this year? I doubt they'll drop the silver teams if they have 20 girls ready to pay $1100 for 9 games.

[Edited on 2/24/17 by Das]

Hokie

Posts 129
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/24/17 at 11:24 AM
Based on the interest level from the non-CASL meeting that was discussed in the other GDA thread, I would think at least 25% of the players selected for each team will come from outside of CASL. And with the rosters being comprised of combined age groups (i.e. 14/15, 16/17), the trickle down effect felt on the other CASL teams may not be as much as you think.

JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 186
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/27/17 at 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

Based on the interest level from the non-CASL meeting that was discussed in the other GDA thread, I would think at least 25% of the players selected for each team will come from outside of CASL. And with the rosters being comprised of combined age groups (i.e. 14/15, 16/17), the trickle down effect felt on the other CASL teams may not be as much as you think.

I agree to an extent. With combined age groups, an off the cuff look means CASL could take 7 older girls and then 6 younger girls from within CASL for each of their academy team, and add 5 girls from outside CASL to fill out the roster. That leaves 6-7 open spots on each CASL team to be filled. Not the same as moving an entire team up, but still a fair number of CASL girls moving up a team next year. We'll know for sure in 10 weeks or so.

Das

Posts 71
Registered 6/16/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/27/17 at 12:36 PM
Ah, I didn't realize it was combined age groups.
FutbolDad

Posts 17
Registered 12/11/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/28/17 at 01:36 PM
I believe they will have single year teams at U14 and U15 and double year teams after that.
Hokie

Posts 129
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/28/17 at 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by FutbolDad

I believe they will have single year teams at U14 and U15 and double year teams after that.

Yeah, it does appear that way looking back at the presentation linked above.

[Edited on 2/28/17 by Hokie]

BillWill922
a.k.a.
Bill Wilson

Posts 115
Registered 8/13/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/1/17 at 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Hokie

Quote:
Originally posted by FutbolDad

Yeah, it does appear that way looking back at the presentation linked above.

[Edited on 2/28/17 by Hokie]

That's correct, same as the boys.

I wonder how it plays out for parents and players when the U15 academy players move up the following year to the combined U16/U17 team. A full 18 players on the U15 team competing for basically half as many spots the following years on a combined age group team. It's not always pleasant when players roll off an academy team and have to play classic. First hand experience with a local boys team full of egos from kids who played academy once but due to lack of roster spots the following year are now playing classic. Maybe fun to watch from afar but a real headache as these kids put self before team in an effort to impress academy coaches and make it back to an academy team next year.

pitchperfect

Posts 8
Registered 4/19/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/5/17 at 04:20 PM
Any news from the non-CASL GDA tryouts today?
soccermonty69

Posts 96
Registered 5/8/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/6/17 at 09:00 AM
They didn't hold the ID yesterday. Too many younger girls games and older girls still practicing with their clubs. Everyone is invited to day one of tryouts next Sunday. However, based on them coming to club games and high school games you could be asked NOT to come next Sunday.
pb5

Posts 2
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/7/17 at 09:16 AM
What time are the sunday trials?
Hokie

Posts 129
Registered 5/24/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/13/17 at 08:26 AM
So what took place this past weekend for GDA tryouts? Are they still holding a separate ID session for non-CASL members or is that old news now that the merger to create NCFC Youth has been announced?

[Edited on 3/13/17 by Hokie]

soccermonty69

Posts 96
Registered 5/8/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/13/17 at 08:47 AM
tryouts were cancelled again due to Wake Med closing their fields. Tryouts are now both CASL and outside players.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0727122 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy