NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  8/17/17 01:10 AM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: 18 CARA game with Boca United - [7 Replies | 745 Views]
RayRay

Posts 631
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/6/17 at 03:32 PM
18 CARA game with Boca United

https://twitter.com/CARailHawksAcad?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Final score of 15-0? WTH?

beautifulgame

Posts 25
Registered 5/20/16

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/9/17 at 01:48 PM
Kudos to CARA for playing their game. Shame on Boca for fielding a team that is clearly not ready to compete. If I were a Boca parent, I'd have a few questions for that coach/club. Last time they played it was 3-0 CARA.
ClassicDad1

Posts 174
Registered 2/11/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/9/17 at 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

https://twitter.com/CARailHawksAcad?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Final score of 15-0? WTH?

Boca lost 9-1 in December to IMG, not their first ugly result

AHW

Posts 196
Registered 6/6/13
Scotland

Soccer Role:
research and development

posted on 2/10/17 at 06:46 AM
It was 6-0 at half and word was that the Boca team gave up in the 2nd half. There was but so much passing around that could be done.
Beagle

Posts 63
Registered 2/12/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/10/17 at 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by beautifulgame

Kudos to CARA for playing their game. Shame on Boca for fielding a team that is clearly not ready to compete. If I were a Boca parent, I'd have a few questions for that coach/club. Last time they played it was 3-0 CARA.

I say shame on US Soccer for diluting the player pool by giving DA status to way too many clubs. And the list keeps growing.

Liverpoolfan9

Posts 116
Registered 5/12/14

Soccer Role:
Kid's bankroll

posted on 2/10/17 at 08:15 AM
Pretty soon DA will be the equivalent of Region III and Region III will be the equivalent of premier, etc....its not quite there yet, but close.

My thoughts are that USDA will then come out with "Ultra DA" or something like that which is supposedly one step better than DA.

MySonsPlay

Posts 523
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/10/17 at 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liverpoolfan9

Pretty soon DA will be the equivalent of Region III and Region III will be the equivalent of premier, etc....its not quite there yet, but close.

My thoughts are that USDA will then come out with "Ultra DA" or something like that which is supposedly one step better than DA.

I think that is a bit too simplistic. The MLS academies will start to force their hand at some point. Once the MLS expands to 30-32 teams (they will be at 28 by 2020) they will be more selective on who they send their academies teams to play.

They will not put up with teams like Boca United, if the DA wants to keep the MLS Academies within the structure they will comply with any demands. US Soccer and the youth clubs will no longer be calling all the shots.

Would have never thought this 10 years ago, but the MLS really is starting to mature and build some financial clout. There are over 10 cities bidding for 4 franchises.

JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 167
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 2/10/17 at 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Liverpoolfan9

Could be, and with ECNL starting a boys division, some clubs could have DA and ECNL for boys. Can their ECNL boys teams play NPL or region III? If not then those leagues get watered down even more. Having too many DA teams nationally pulls talent from the new boys ECNL, which pulls good teams from NPL and region III.

Just as ODP got watered down as the better players in NC stopped going, these current 'elite' leagues like NPL and region III could get less talented players/teams going forward.

DA championships, ECNL boys championships, USYS NPL champioships, US Club championships; too many good leagues and not enough good players and teams to fill them all.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0456431 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy