NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  10/18/17 03:05 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  8    9    10    11  >>
Author: Subject: Soccer $$$ Insanity - [218 Replies | 9954 Views]
Buzz
a.k.a.
buzz lightyear

Posts 197
Registered 5/3/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by sockeroo banzai

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicDad1

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzz

Quote:
Originally posted by RayRay

I know of at least 4 U17 or 18 teams in the Triangle alone that would mercy rule your team before halftime. You are clueless...

Sure you do Junior. Maybe when you move out of your parent's basement, you will know how the real world works. In any case bring them on then. Ohh, wait, you are not in a position of authority to do that, consequently, your experience is that you do not control the teams you mentioned, therefore you are, as I suspect a bystander. Which by definition means it is not I that does not have a clue, but you.

[Edited on 10/9/15 by Buzz]

So this is how a supposed 35-year respected member of the soccer community handles counter narratives. I would NEVER allow my kids to play for you. I pity the kids that are exposed to your immature self soothing attitude. Your goal is to stroke your own ego and has nothing to do with the kids. Really sad.

Well said.

Sure it is, at least he can read. Well another idiot added to the ignore list.

Buzz
a.k.a.
buzz lightyear

Posts 197
Registered 5/3/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:03 AM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by RonToth

Quote:

For what it's worth, two years ago Buzz said he felt Jordan Matthews a 2A school was comparable to an Academy team. J-M finished 2013, 13-7-1 and knocked out in 2nd rnd of playoffs. He also said CC, CG and Swansboro were comparable (to his credit, though not sure I'd agree). Then he threw in J-M. No offense to the J-M team from 2013, but seriously, comparable to a DA team (then). really have to question someone's judgment with a comment like that. But hey that was his opinion I guess. I also asked him to let me know what team he coached so I could watch a talented team. Turned me down. said he got enough grief from his parents and would have to throw me out. Gotta hand it to Buzz, he does illicit strong responses.

I now think that Ol' Buzzy is just in here to goof on us. No serious person could ever believe that a NC HS team could beat a top club team(and spot them 2 goals). I congratulate you Buzzy Boy,you had us all fooled for a while!!

The post I read went like this:
You asked Buzz to name some teams. Then you accused him of not answering.
I don't see that he did.
THEN YOU compared several HS teams to club teams.
Now YOU are saying that HE said that.

Wow!
Welcome to the ignore list. [/quote]

Ron, saw where you just blocked me. Oh well, my dad always told me to never try to teach a pig to sing. Just frustrate and really po the pig. But for the record if you ever do read this, your reading comprehension needs improving (or your eyesight). Buzz did say JM (and the others), he says so in this thread But now it's a 2005 JM team. So maybe reading comprehension or better readers my friend.

[Edited on 10/10/15 by sockeroo banzai]

[Edited on 10/10/15 by sockeroo banzai] [/quote]
You are just here to argue. You don't bring anything factual to the table. Just "your opinions, not based in fact," the experiences of your kids, etc.

Sorry there are some of us who's experience goes beyond that.

RonToth

Posts 45
Registered 12/24/06

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:06 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

For what it's worth, two years ago Buzz said he felt Jordan Matthews a 2A school was comparable to an Academy team. J-M finished 2013, 13-7-1 and knocked out in 2nd rnd of playoffs. He also said CC, CG and Swansboro were comparable (to his credit, though not sure I'd agree). Then he threw in J-M. No offense to the J-M team from 2013, but seriously, comparable to a DA team (then). really have to question someone's judgment with a comment like that. But hey that was his opinion I guess. I also asked him to let me know what team he coached so I could watch a talented team. Turned me down. said he got enough grief from his parents and would have to throw me out. Gotta hand it to Buzz, he does illicit strong responses.

I now think that Ol' Buzzy is just in here to goof on us. No serious person could ever believe that a NC HS team could beat a top club team(and spot them 2 goals). I congratulate you Buzzy Boy,you had us all fooled for a while!!

I don't see that he did.

Wow!
Welcome to the ignore list.

Ron, saw where you just blocked me. Oh well, my dad always told me to never try to teach a pig to sing. Just frustrate and really po the pig. But for the record if you ever do read this, your reading comprehension needs improving (or your eyesight). Buzz did say JM (and the others), he says so in this thread But now it's a 2005 JM team. So maybe reading comprehension or better readers my friend.

You are just here to argue. You don't bring anything factual to the table. Just "your opinions, not based in fact," the experiences of your kids, etc.

Sorry there are some of us who's experience goes beyond that. [/quote]
Thanks Buzz I would not have seen this.
Well Banzi check himself before he insults others. It isn't most of us that need to learn to read. Link I said, 7 years on this forum, only four people on ignore. He is one of them, that speaks for itself.

RonToth

Posts 45
Registered 12/24/06

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:10 AM
Both classic Dad and Banzi should come out from behind their screen names, if they are so credible. This is what happens, when people who lack experience come on here and try to be credible. They confront people that have experience and credibility, then the only thing they have to respond with are insults and tom foolery. Like I said 7 years here only 4 people on ignore. I will give Classic Dad one more chance, then he is on the list too.
OldCoach

Posts 20
Registered 8/16/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Cynic

Quote:
Originally posted by OldCoach

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by soccer_dad1862

At the end of the Day, HS soccer is no better than Rec soccer.. out of all the HS in the country, maybe a few field quality teams.. Even fewer have capable coaches who can teach skills, mainly because they get the athletes almost too late to develop the skills they should have by the time they are 13.. Unless they learned them someplace else... Kids here in the US have MANY MANY options other than soccer.. Europe doesn't have as many options so most aspire to play soccer..

So Buzz, Pscyho... question for you.. What happens to all those soccer players in Europe who join professional teams but aren't good enough to get paid to play and now have to find a career, but haven't received an education to give them a skill to do something other than playing soccer? Go on welfare and become a coach? what options do they really have?

Personally, ill gladly invest my time and hard earned money into my children so that they learn how to balance their time between playing a sport (whatever that sport may be) or Music or dance or art, etc.. and focus their true time on education.. After all is said and done, very very few children will ever become professional athletes, not that it is impossible, just improbable and the focus should be on education and Sports/Extras help to balance out the child so that they can become useful members of society...

Now if soccer can help either of them open doors to colleges or make them stand out versus their competition then so be it.. And if they get chances at playing in higher level, even better. But they will learn that nothing good is necessarily easy and nothing easy is necessarily good. And Hard Work can trample natural talent when natural talent doesn't work hard..

Bring any club / pay to play team you choose, under the age of 19.
I will play you one game with my HS team. Boys or girls. U 2 U me, and we can set that up. I will even spot you two (2) goals, and we can see which is better.

Investing time in your child is fine, no objection. Sort of like private music lessons.

My issue, is with the way "some" perhaps not all, exclude folks for reasons that remain unclear.

"I THINK" pay to play is wrong. But, it has produced results.

It is hard to argue with that.

So you are saying, no HS team, anywhere in the state, can beat any club team?
Or a top club team. Then what are "top club teams?"

No,that is not what I wrote.Please read again for your clarification.

However,Lil' Buzzard wrote; ..bring on any club team,we will beat them and will spot them 2 goals. This is so delusional that she/he must be joking(or there are other issues .She/he has also been caught in numerous lies,distortions and half-truths(do your own research if you have some time to kill) that her/his posts can no longer be taken seriously.

As for top teams..for starters,every u16/u17/u18 Academy team would toy with the best HS team in NC...in addition every single u17/u18 team that made the final four in State Cup. There are probably more than that,but let's leave it at that.Peace and Love.

So you must play U17/18 if you think so highly of that program.

I can tell you that I do not share your opinion, but that is OK.

I don't think any U16-18 would "toy" with a 4A state title winning HS team. But that is my opinion. I would even go to the point that a 3A team, would give a U18 team a good game. A 2A or 1A team, probably not. So, if you want to compare top level teams with top level teams, I think you are wrong.

I would even say pick any 4A team to play any U16-18 team, and I think it would not be a blow out. I think probably the HS team would win more often, but that is just what I think.

I was at the JM game in 2005. They were a good team. They beat a very good Lejeune team.

I think part of your problem is that you make blanket statements like "All" and "Any." Which are never true.

Also, your vocabulary betrays your age. Perhaps, you should get out a little more.

Sorry, I have to agree with others assessment of your age and your judgement.

RonToth

Posts 45
Registered 12/24/06

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/11/15 at 09:56 AM
Some of you really need to re-read the terms and conditions:

"Any member whom feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, IF we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.

Be tolerant, understanding and respectful of other people's point of view. If you strongly disagree or are upset over somebody's posting, simply respond by stating your point of view. Do not criticise, censure or ridicule others for their beliefs, opinions or views. Please also take into account the difficulty many people have in expressing their precise feelings and emotions in a written message."

I have attached the contents of several posts here in an email.

Some of you need to grow up.

sockeroo banzai

Posts 141
Registered 11/7/10

Soccer Role:
“You don’t need a weatherman, To know which way the wind blows”

posted on 10/11/15 at 06:04 PM
Quote:

Both classic Dad and Banzi should come out from behind their screen names, if they are so credible. This is what happens, when people who lack experience come on here and try to be credible. They confront people that have experience and credibility, then the only thing they have to respond with are insults and tom foolery. Like I said 7 years here only 4 people on ignore. I will give Classic Dad one more chance, then he is on the list too.

Come out from behind like Buzz, aka semper Clueless?

sockeroo banzai

Posts 141
Registered 11/7/10

Soccer Role:
“You don’t need a weatherman, To know which way the wind blows”

posted on 10/11/15 at 06:06 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't see that he did.

Wow!
Welcome to the ignore list.

Sorry there are some of us who's experience goes beyond that. [/quote]

Facts. Started playing in ’67. Played club in Indiana. Played college soccer in Indiana. Coached teams to 3rd and 4th place finishes in state cups. Had six kids who played U-18 for me go onto to play D1. I’ve officiated. Coached in VA, HI, CA while in the military. Have never taken a $$$ for coaching/assisting. Stopped playing adult leagues about 15 years ago. Know far more about soccer than through my kids. Those are facts Buzz (aka Semper Clueless). Readily admit I know nothing about European club/community teams except from Navy buddies who’s kids played for local teams in Italy. So though it’s fact what they told me, it’s is hearsay. You seem to have issues from parents of the kids you coach (from another post), to folks on the forum. Maybe a look in the mirror is warranted. So you, Ron, oldcoach, psycholejeune keep howling to the moon about pay to play and why those $$$ should go somewhere else. Or that sometime in the future litigation will solve the issue (sort of like one of you said litigation would stop DA from keeping kids from playing HS). I bid you and the rest of the semper clueless gang a farewell and best wishes in changing the pay to play construct in the US. My Cubs will win the World Series first.

One final note. Instead of howling at the moon Buzz (SC), maybe you and other HS coaches who hate/dislike PTP should work and try and get the NCHSAA to accept off season futsal leagues, ala football’s 7v7 in many states in the USA. IMO (not based in fact), that might happen (of course need futsal facilities throughout state),.. trying to enhance the HS structure far easier than any dissolution of the PTP model.

[Edited on 10/11/15 by sockeroo banzai]

RayRay

Posts 681
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 09:23 AM
Buzz, I will bring our JV team. That MIGHT be a good game.
RayRay

Posts 681
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 09:33 AM
Buzz, my son plays for a very good 4A team. That team would not have a chance against his club team. The top club teams are made up of the better HS players from different 4A teams in the area. The same can be said for other Triangle area schools and top club teams like TFCA Alliance, CASL Red, TUSA Gold and East Wake Hammers. So, in a round about way you are saying your HS team could beat the top HS teams too! Please tell me where I can come watch this Dream Team of yours...
Tecnico_CH17
a.k.a.
D Bizzle

Not a valid Image type

Posts 291
Registered 10/21/05
New Zealand
Chapel Hill Area

Soccer Role:
Fanatic/Coach/Player

posted on 10/12/15 at 10:06 AM
To get back on track somewhat here...

I attended a u7 flag football game this weekend with my son to watch his friends. I was SHOCKED when I was asked for $3 to enter. Yes, they are charging for these games. The parents must pay to watch their children play flag football. My friends older son plays AAU and I was discussing the cost of that. I learned that all AAU events also charge parents to watch their kids play! So, while it may not be as costly to play as youth soccer, at least we are allowed to attend games and tournaments and watch for free.

AHW

Posts 197
Registered 6/6/13
Scotland

Soccer Role:
research and development

posted on 10/12/15 at 10:26 AM
I listened to an NPR segment this weekend about pay to play sports. Soccer was only mentioned cursorily. It was more about hockey and travel baseball. It was a round robin discussion and one person also brought up competitive dance--ballet, Irish dance, and even team cheering.
Many parents shell out alot of money for their kids activities.

MySonsPlay

Posts 536
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by AHW

Many parents shell out alot of money for their kids activities.

And I think that is what the original article was about and just used soccer as the example.

ClassicDad1

Posts 175
Registered 2/11/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 01:44 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Come out from behind like Buzz, aka semper Clueless?

I never said I was credible. I've mostly been defending myself from Buzz's insults and giving him examples of where clubs are not what he says they are. Nothing I have said requires more than a web search. I never said I was a 35 year soccer dude. I am a parent. My statements are based on what I see and my opinions. I've been around nc youth soccer for 8 years. But safe to say this board is basically the bathroom walls of nc soccer culture. Ignore me if you want, I've said nothing that requires credibility or giving you my résumé.

4Krans

Posts 110
Registered 11/3/14
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicDad1 this board is basically the bathroom walls of nc soccer culture.

Anony

Posts 154
Registered 2/12/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Tecnico_CH17

So, while it may not be as costly to play as youth soccer, at least we are allowed to attend games and tournaments and watch for free.

the only reason it hasn't happened yet in soccer is 1) typically a lot of games are at public parks where the soccer fields are visible from non-secured areas (anyone can watch and no one can really enforce a fee).

For the AAU basketball games they are always indoor (and thus can be secured from watchers) and not all AAU games have charges . Typically only tournaments. Volleyball tournaments
charge a lot but only for the national ones. (probably comprable to Disney in cost to watch your own kid play)

but yes there is so much money wealthy parents will spend on their kids that people will gladly take it for those that will pay. Probably one fifth of the kids now have the built in soccer cleat with sock popular by Nike that costs $275 .

The Cynic

Posts 354
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 4Krans

Quote:
Originally posted by ClassicDad1 this board is basically the bathroom walls of nc soccer culture.

A unisex bathroom in a nondescript building in Pahrump, NV.

Mr Roth insists that we present him with our CVs,yet Psycho and Lil' Buzzard are (by him)presumed to be soccer geniuses. I,for one, don't believe 99% of what Buzzy baby writes. She/he has been proven to be a total fraud.

Mr Roth,Psycho and Ol' Buzzard are probably old buddies and it would not surprise me if Roth/Buzz were the same person. If you look at their style of writing,words used and then note that Mr Roth appeared out of oblivion to join this thread when Buzzy was being questioned...draw your own conclusions.

4Krans

Posts 110
Registered 11/3/14
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 10/12/15 at 04:21 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by 4Krans

Quote:

A unisex bathroom in a nondescript building in Pahrump, NV.

Mr Roth insists that we present him with our CVs,yet Psycho and Lil' Buzzard are (by him)presumed to be soccer geniuses. I,for one, don't believe 99% of what Buzzy baby writes. She/he has been proven to be a total fraud.

Mr Roth,Psycho and Ol' Buzzard are probably old buddies and it would not surprise me if Roth/Buzz were the same person. If you look at their style of writing,words used and then note that Mr Roth appeared out of oblivion to join this thread when Buzzy was being questioned...draw your own conclusions.

Just incase the blockers missed out.

Eagle1
Administrator

Posts 58
Registered 5/16/02
Missouri
Viburnum, MO

Soccer Role:
Key Master

posted on 10/13/15 at 06:54 AM
Time to calm down... before the cards start

Miracles Happen !!!

View User's Profile Email Eagle1 Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Eagle1
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  8    9    10    11  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.1158969 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy