NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  11/22/17 05:14 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: Tryout Flow of Players - [215 Replies | 23044 Views]
SoccerDad

Posts 252
Registered 5/30/13
North Carolina
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/15 at 01:31 PM
Tryout Flow of Players

Hearing:

- 5-6 rising U14 TFCA girls to top 2 CASL U14 teams
- 3-4 rising U15 TFCA girls to top 2 CASL U15 teams
- 1 Fusion girl to top CASL U15 team

If there was player flow the other way I did not hear it, but likely at least some dissatisfied CASL players will shift to other clubs in the next few days.

Anony

Posts 154
Registered 2/12/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/15 at 01:36 PM
to add ~3-4 rising U14 TUSA gold to U14 TFCA ->
Quote:
5-6 rising U14 TFCA girls to top 2 CASL U14 teams

could end up very badly for some since rising U14 Tusa is in premier but U14 rising select is in 1st. Likely U14 Tusa gold spots available in premier.

soccerlovernc

Posts 252
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/15 at 01:55 PM
The force is strong with ECNL. Parents are going over to the dark side.
4Krans

Posts 110
Registered 11/3/14
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/15 at 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by SoccerDad

Hearing:

If there was player flow the other way I did not hear it, but likely at least some dissatisfied CASL players will shift to other clubs in the next few days.

This doesn't surprise me one bit, and would surprise me even less if ol Stockley had his hands in it.

Sons a keeper

Posts 173
Registered 9/7/08

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/15 at 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by 4Krans

Quote:

Hearing:

This doesn't surprise me one bit, and would surprise me even less if ol Stockley had his hands in it.

It was 3 from 00 TFCA Alliance, 1 of whom is on her 4th club in 4 years. I guess the grass is always greener.

[Edited on 5/22/15 by Sons a keeper]

TwoHalves

Posts 277
Registered 8/29/13

Soccer Role:
The Wallet

posted on 5/22/15 at 03:04 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Hearing:

Yeah Krans because at CASL only one person has a say in who gets INVITED to tryouts. Give it a rest Krans. Kids move for better coaching, fields, better administration, better opportunity, better training opportunities, better Goalkeeping staff, at all levels not just those top teams. And if you want to think that kids move for Stokley - you bet your sweet bippy they do because at least they have a shot at a good coach and if not that team then the 2nd team is sometimes better than the 1st team as some clubs.

[Edited on 5/22/15 by TwoHalves]

4Krans

Posts 110
Registered 11/3/14
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/22/15 at 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoHalves And if you want to think that kids move for Stokley - you bet your sweet bippy they do because at least they have a shot at a good coach

Right, because he is the only good coach out there.

I would buy into your kool-aid if you would have replaced "coach" with "trainer"

TwoHalves

Posts 277
Registered 8/29/13

Soccer Role:
The Wallet

posted on 5/22/15 at 04:08 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoHalves And if you want to think that kids move for Stokley - you bet your sweet bippy they do because at least they have a shot at a good coach

Right, because he is the only good coach out there.

I would buy into your kool-aid if you would have replaced "coach" with "trainer"

I guess you really do buy into what you're selling because you are nothing but a broken record. But of course you've got your panties in such a wad over SS that you can't see that those ladies left TFCA to get away from a coach there and to go to another club for the various reasons I stated above.

matchfit

Posts 471
Registered 6/3/10
North Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/25/15 at 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sons a keeper

Quote:

Quote:

Hearing:

It was 3 from 00 TFCA Alliance, 1 of whom is on her 4th club in 4 years. I guess the grass is always greener.

I'm assuming the 3 players from Alliance moved on to ECNL and not 2nd Team. If that is the case, 4th club in 4 years = awesome navigation.

SoccerDad

Posts 252
Registered 5/30/13
North Carolina
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/25/15 at 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by matchfit

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hearing:

I'm assuming the 3 players from Alliance moved on to ECNL and not 2nd Team. If that is the case, 4th club in 4 years = awesome navigation.

Correct all 3 moved from TFCA top U14 team to CASL U15 ECNL. And valid point that if a talented player found herself in a small club 4 years ago and had a goal of making the top team in the area, state and highly ranked in the country, and moved from smaller club to medium sized club and now to the team she desired, well done to her. Maybe not the right move for every player, and there are all kinds of valid reasons to remain at the smaller or medium-sized clubs, but for parents and players nice to know that there are various accessible options at various levels of play in the area.

Sons a keeper

Posts 173
Registered 9/7/08

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/25/15 at 12:11 PM
Quote:

Quote:
Originally posted by matchfit

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hearing:

Correct all 3 moved from TFCA top U14 team to CASL U15 ECNL. And valid point that if a talented player found herself in a small club 4 years ago and had a goal of making the top team in the area, state and highly ranked in the country, and moved from smaller club to medium sized club and now to the team she desired, well done to her. Maybe not the right move for every player, and there are all kinds of valid reasons to remain at the smaller or medium-sized clubs, but for parents and players nice to know that there are various accessible options at various levels of play in the area.

Yes, go ahead and use the clubs to get what you want, a bench position on an ECNL team. But, god forbid, a club does not bend over backwards and the clubs are accused of disloyalty. Moving from a bad situation at a club to something better is fine but 4 in 4 years? How someone can defend that level of serial club-hopping amazes me.

[Edited on 5/25/15 by Sons a keeper]

tokoli

Posts 139
Registered 6/14/12
North Carolina
Mebane

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/25/15 at 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anony

to add ~3-4 rising U14 TUSA gold to U14 TFCA ->
Quote:
5-6 rising U14 TFCA girls to top 2 CASL U14 teams

could end up very badly for some since rising U14 Tusa is in premier but U14 rising select is in 1st. Likely U14 Tusa gold spots available in premier.

That's if they don't make the TFCA rising U14 Alliance.

tokoli

Posts 139
Registered 6/14/12
North Carolina
Mebane

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/25/15 at 03:17 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Hearing:

4 clubs in 4 years does seem a bit excessive.

soccerlovernc

Posts 252
Registered 5/22/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/26/15 at 09:09 AM
ECNL is a black hole that keeps sucking in players. I must say though that the college recruitment stats are impressive for this group of players.
SoccerDad

Posts 252
Registered 5/30/13
North Carolina
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/26/15 at 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by soccerlovernc

ECNL is a black hole that keeps sucking in players. I must say though that the college recruitment stats are impressive for this group of players.

ECNL seems to be sucking in both players and clubs - Tophat just joined, along with 2 clubs from Florida, so the southeast ECNL group just became stronger.

AHW

Posts 197
Registered 6/6/13
Scotland

Soccer Role:
research and development

posted on 5/27/15 at 01:14 PM
CASL's U15 and up boys started tryouts last night. I am surprised there has been no buzz here yet about the relatively large # of boys from other clubs who were there. Including some who made top teams elsewhere last week.

MySonsPlay

Posts 542
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/27/15 at 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AHW

CASL's U15 and up boys started tryouts last night. I am surprised there has been no buzz here yet about the relatively large # of boys from other clubs who were there. Including some who made top teams elsewhere last week.

My son would have gone over just to play, with no intention of accepting a CASL roster spot, but he started his summer job this week in the evenings.

SoccerDad

Posts 252
Registered 5/30/13
North Carolina
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/27/15 at 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AHW

How does that work? If a boy makes the top team at a smaller club, I assume he gets the call and has to accept or decline? So if he accepts, then is it common for him to go to tryouts at the larger club? Or did the boys in question decline their initial offers?

JoanneT
a.k.a.
Joanne Timmons

Posts 186
Registered 5/14/14

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/27/15 at 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by AHW

I saw and know some of them. Those boys just aren't that good. Would do well on CASL Black but would not stand out on CASL's top u15 team.

MySonsPlay

Posts 542
Registered 11/11/11
North Carolina
Durham

Soccer Role:

posted on 5/27/15 at 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by JoanneT

Quote:
Originally posted by AHW

I saw and know some of them. Those boys just aren't that good. Would do well on CASL Black but would not stand out on CASL's top u15 team.

Isn't that the job of the CASL staff to figure that out, it's the player's job to make it hard on them.

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.1112559 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy