NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  10/18/17 03:03 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
Author: Subject: Referee Allows Play While Injured Player Lays on the Ground Unconscious! - [3 Replies | 1718 Views]
coach4life

Posts 6
Registered 3/22/15
North Carolina
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/23/15 at 12:45 AM
Referee Allows Play While Injured Player Lays on the Ground Unconscious!

To my fellow coaches through out the state of North Carolina I wanted to let all of you know of the event that took place at my U18 boys soccer game this past Sunday afternoon.

One of my players got kicked in the head and was knocked out. My player was on the ground in pain to where he did not move or get up. The opposing team kicked the ball out of bounds and the center ref awarded a throw in to the opposing team that kicked it out due to my injured player. The ref yelled at my player and told him that he was not hurt and to get up. Mind you my player continued to stay put. A throw in was awarded and the other team scores and ties the game with less than a minute to play. My boys did not react because most of them were still tending to my injured player.

I asked to step on when the throw in was awared due to the ball being kicked out and the ref yelled at me and told me to go back to my bench and threatened me with a red card. After the goal was scored I asked to step on and the center ref still refused me to go tend to my player. He proceeded with a kick off and one of my players kicks the ball out of bounds and he blows the whistle. Surprise game is over!

After the game was over he dismissed me and did not want to speak to me at all or my team manager in regards to the injured player.

Then after that ladies and gents the center ref assualts one of my parents by punching him in the face knocking the cell phone out of the parent's hand.

The center ref gets in his car and leaves!

The injured player end result a concussion and out for a week!

The center ref tells him hes not hurt and to get up? Really? Look how stupid you sound now after the player is taking to the hospital and doctor says my player has a concussion.

Im confused here are the refs suppose to look out for the saftey of the players? In this case it was not!

Your thoughts fellow coaches? What would you do!

Coach101

Posts 108
Registered 3/8/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/26/15 at 07:42 AM
That is insane!! I thought my situation was bad but nothing compared to that. That ref should never be allow to ref again. Not a single game....even a 5 years suspension is not enough.

Last season, a player cleared the ball and he followed through with his kick...kicking my player in the stomach. Knowing the player, I can say he did that on purpose...but if I didn't know him, it looked like an accident so I didn't complain about the foul. But the referee played on while my player was on the ground. The other team attacked us, we cleared the ball up the field, they came and attacked us again...dribbling the ball pass my player who was still on the ground. We stole the ball and then clear it out of bound.

RayRay

Posts 681
Registered 2/1/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/27/15 at 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Coach101

That is insane!! I thought my situation was bad but nothing compared to that. That ref should never be allow to ref again. Not a single game....even a 5 years suspension is not enough.

Last season, a player cleared the ball and he followed through with his kick...kicking my player in the stomach. Knowing the player, I can say he did that on purpose...but if I didn't know him, it looked like an accident so I didn't complain about the foul. But the referee played on while my player was on the ground. The other team attacked us, we cleared the ball up the field, they came and attacked us again...dribbling the ball pass my player who was still on the ground. We stole the ball and then clear it out of bound.

The opposing coach has no class. Unfortunately, we all run into situations like that, not just youth soccer...

The Cynic

Posts 354
Registered 3/27/15

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/27/15 at 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by coach4life

To my fellow coaches through out the state of North Carolina I wanted to let all of you know of the event that took place at my U18 boys soccer game this past Sunday afternoon.

One of my players got kicked in the head and was knocked out. My player was on the ground in pain to where he did not move or get up. The opposing team kicked the ball out of bounds and the center ref awarded a throw in to the opposing team that kicked it out due to my injured player. The ref yelled at my player and told him that he was not hurt and to get up. Mind you my player continued to stay put. A throw in was awarded and the other team scores and ties the game with less than a minute to play. My boys did not react because most of them were still tending to my injured player.

I asked to step on when the throw in was awared due to the ball being kicked out and the ref yelled at me and told me to go back to my bench and threatened me with a red card. After the goal was scored I asked to step on and the center ref still refused me to go tend to my player. He proceeded with a kick off and one of my players kicks the ball out of bounds and he blows the whistle. Surprise game is over!

After the game was over he dismissed me and did not want to speak to me at all or my team manager in regards to the injured player.

Then after that ladies and gents the center ref assualts one of my parents by punching him in the face knocking the cell phone out of the parent's hand.

The center ref gets in his car and leaves!

The injured player end result a concussion and out for a week!

The center ref tells him hes not hurt and to get up? Really? Look how stupid you sound now after the player is taking to the hospital and doctor says my player has a concussion.

Im confused here are the refs suppose to look out for the saftey of the players? In this case it was not!

Your thoughts fellow coaches? What would you do!

Why did you post this 4 times under 4 separate headings? Seems a bit suspicious. What is your agenda?

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites

XMB 1.8 Partagium
Developed By Aventure Media & The XMB Group © 2002
Modified by NC-Soccer.Net © 2002
Processed in 0.0490739 seconds, 17 queries

Our Privacy Policy