NC-Soccer Forum  Welcome Guest  11/22/17 05:13 PM
Login - Member List - FAQ - Portal - Rules
Topic Activity - Search - Stats - Attachments - Links - Calendar - Player Profiles - Buy Stuff
Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
Author: Subject: CCU Women - [178 Replies | 35400 Views]
NRKPP

Posts 7
Registered 4/11/12
Virginia
Virginia

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/21/12 at 07:57 AM
CCU Women

Looks like CCU just had their first de-commit for 2013. She is now going to play for Longwood.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AriynKqmGsRwdGUyR1ZrSFFUbHFZblNCMnBNZnNqc1E&output=html

tbone

Posts 2
Registered 3/7/10
columbia, sc

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/21/12 at 09:23 AM
so what's the big deal?
not unusual for sure

Nil Nil in Extra Time

Posts 516
Registered 7/6/10

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/21/12 at 10:01 AM
I thought the big deal was, there's a 2016 commit on that list. High school freshman?
VACoach

Posts 9
Registered 11/22/11

Soccer Role:

posted on 11/24/12 at 05:44 PM
Thats a huge loss. Corbin is talented enough to start for CCU, and help them win. Makes you wonder what happened? Anyone know?
Myelin

Posts 29
Registered 2/27/12
Texas
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/5/13 at 11:22 AM
Spring

Anyword on how spring is going?
Myelin

Posts 29
Registered 2/27/12
Texas
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 3/5/13 at 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by VACoach

Thats a huge loss. Corbin is talented enough to start for CCU, and help them win. Makes you wonder what happened? Anyone know?

That is a big loss lets hope she made the right decision. These decisions should more than just about soccer.

thomas_y

Posts 50
Registered 4/4/13
South Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/4/13 at 09:48 AM
spring season

Spring season going ok. same old thing cannot score goals. lost to UNCW 2-0 fell apart 2nd half, barely beat div II Coker 1-0 (needed 40 yd shot to score) and beat Div I independent Francis Marion 2-0.

this weekend will be interesting for them- playing South Carolina in SC.

Myelin

Posts 29
Registered 2/27/12
Texas
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/8/13 at 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by thomas_y

Spring season going ok. same old thing cannot score goals. lost to UNCW 2-0 fell apart 2nd half, barely beat div II Coker 1-0 (needed 40 yd shot to score) and beat Div I independent Francis Marion 2-0.

this weekend will be interesting for them- playing South Carolina in SC.

how did it go?

thomas_y

Posts 50
Registered 4/4/13
South Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/8/13 at 12:11 PM
I was told played Charlotte and won 2-0 last Goal coming at 2 sec mark. still kick-n-run team with mid-field non-existent. played SC and of course were outplayed big time. understand they had many hurt so players were tired since had to play 4- 30 minute games. think it was 2-0 SC.
Myelin

Posts 29
Registered 2/27/12
Texas
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/9/13 at 08:14 AM
Sounds about right. Hopefully the new recruits can shore-up the midfield
thomas_y

Posts 50
Registered 4/4/13
South Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/9/13 at 09:58 AM
you mis-understand my statement. from what I heard the defense always kicks the ball up to forwards making it a 50-50 ball and do not play through the midfield. that is why midfield is non-existent. they have some nice midfielders but NOT a build up from the back team. At least that is what I have heard. live in Charleston area so hope to see them next week.
Myelin

Posts 29
Registered 2/27/12
Texas
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/9/13 at 10:53 AM
Quote:

you mis-understand my statement. from what I heard the defense always kicks the ball up to forwards making it a 50-50 ball and do not play through the midfield. that is why midfield is non-existent. they have some nice midfielders but NOT a build up from the back team. At least that is what I have heard. live in Charleston area so hope to see them next week.

Definitely miss-understood. I am a big believer the offense starts from the back.

I think there are a couple of defenders coming in also so my answer maybe the same.

Keep me posted curious what you think they look like in person. I have hard time getting any info.

[Edited on 4/9/13 by Myelin]

summerdaze

Posts 5
Registered 5/4/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/9/13 at 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Myelin

Quote:

Definitely miss-understood. I am a big believer the offense starts from the back.

I think there are a couple of defenders coming in also so my answer maybe the same.

Keep me posted curious what you think they look like in person. I have hard time getting any info.

[Edited on 4/9/13 by Myelin]

CCU defense is solid. The midfield can't keep the ball. Too slow. By default the team plays more direct style.

thomas_y

Posts 50
Registered 4/4/13
South Carolina

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/13 at 12:16 PM
Defense is ok but not sure solid is the right word. It’s good because they ‘play NOT to lose’ but I think need to ‘Play to Win”. 64% of the players on the field play almost 100% defense. (7 out 11). I know I know, everyone plays defense, but they play a 4-2-1-3 where the 2 are two holding mids and I mean HOLDING. Very seldom make runs and if they do they better get back. The two outside strikers are required to drop back like outside-mids and play defense (which is nice strategy). When they do this they have trouble getting back to offensive third. So few get into the box leaving the CF by herself and maybe the attacking midfield player. Sometimes one of outside strikers makes it back. But with the way the coaches want them to play they are always outnumbered in the box –thus have trouble scoring. And of course the greatest odds for the strikers to score are when the attack outnumbers the defense. So playing direct style as summerdaze mentioned is difficult since CCU does not have enough attackers in offensive third.

Granted I have not seen them this Spring but this was true last two year. Looking forward to seeing them come to town this weekend.

summerdaze

Posts 5
Registered 5/4/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/11/13 at 08:45 PM
It was clearly direct style soccer. Their mf is not the strength of their team. They just aren't fast enough to keep it which puts the defense on their heels. When the team scores it is from breakaways not possession play. If they don't have enough attackers in the offensive third it is because everyone is tracking back because the ball gets lost in mf. They need to fix the MF and then get the fullbacks more involved in the attack.
Myelin

Posts 29
Registered 2/27/12
Texas
United States

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/12/13 at 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by summerdaze

It was clearly direct style soccer. Their mf is not the strength of their team. They just aren't fast enough to keep it which puts the defense on their heels. When the team scores it is from breakaways not possession play. If they don't have enough attackers in the offensive third it is because everyone is tracking back because the ball gets lost in mf. They need to fix the MF and then get the fullbacks more involved in the attack.

Fast enough? You mean in speed of play or foot speed? Foot speed in IMHO is not the main attribute of CM outside mids speed is more important.

CM needs to be able to hold the ball in traffic and distribute.

summerdaze

Posts 5
Registered 5/4/12

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/12/13 at 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Myelin

Quote:
Originally posted by summerdaze

Fast enough? You mean in speed of play or foot speed? Foot speed in IMHO is not the main attribute of CM outside mids speed is more important.

CM needs to be able to hold the ball in traffic and distribute.

Pretty sure I said in an earlier post that they cannot keep the ball. They (mf) don't seem to be able to work fast enough with the ball under pressure. I've seen them try to possess the ball so I don't get the impression that they want to only play direct style, but it seems for them to be able to score, that those chances come from more direct play.

soccerpoor

Posts 207
Registered 5/15/04

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/13/13 at 08:57 AM
Having seen them play in the fall, I would say summerdaze comments are quite accurate
Soccerg

Posts 1
Registered 4/13/13

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/13/13 at 05:56 PM
Terrible soccer display vs. alumni

Where are you Coach Naraine? This CCU women's team needs you. Yes they had players hurt but they had at least 7 regular starters and what a poor display of soccer. They should have destroyed us but they played like a HS team. Rohan always had us ready to play and never embarrassed ourselves. Oh yeah they won 2-0, big deal.
Nil Nil in Extra Time

Posts 516
Registered 7/6/10

Soccer Role:

posted on 4/14/13 at 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Soccerg

Where are you Coach Naraine? This CCU women's team needs you. Yes they had players hurt but they had at least 7 regular starters and what a poor display of soccer. They should have destroyed us but they played like a HS team. Rohan always had us ready to play and never embarrassed ourselves. Oh yeah they won 2-0, big deal.

This post reminded me of a Bruce Springsteen song:

Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight
and I'm going to drink till I get my fill
And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it
but I probably will
Yeah, just sitting back trying to recapture
a little of the glory of, well time slips away
and leaves you with nothing mister but
boring stories of glory days

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favorites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>

XMB 1.8 Partagium